Option to import keywords into tags from providers

JBubba

We actually used to do this, but many users found it to be a mess with the large number of tags being imported, so that's why it was removed.

• Agree 1

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, enrique8316868 said:

Any update on this? Would love to use keywords/tags in the Virtual TV plugin.

Hi, not yet, sorry.

enrique8316868

Thanks Luke. Like I said, I have been playing around with the VirtualTV plugin and having more metadata would be very useful in creating the channels. Any other plans to include additional metadata sources otherwise?

38 minutes ago, enrique8316868 said:

Thanks Luke. Like I said, I have been playing around with the VirtualTV plugin and having more metadata would be very useful in creating the channels. Any other plans to include additional metadata sources otherwise?

Please create feature request topics for the sources that you'd like to see and we'll take a look at them. Thanks.

2 hours ago, enrique8316868 said:

You are talking about applying metadata to a channel? Where should that metadata come from?

• 1 year later...

As suggested on this closed forum page (scrape tags and keywords), it would be great to have Emby natively scrape TMDB and IMDB tags.  TMM does this, but would be terrific not to have to make this a manual, two-step process. 

My use-case example is that I continue to value greatly being able to trace movie writers (in order to follow the career the same way one can a director or an actor - sometimes the same person but on the same or different films, such as Preston Sturges).  I'm OK that this isn't an Emby default, but I like to be able to add it through scraped data, and having those tags natively would be great.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, ulanov said:

TMDB and IMDB tags

Absolutely nothing comes from IMDB.  But do aggree there should be an option enable/disable Keyworks from TMDB as we already get the data.  

Riddler84

Would also like this feature. Until the day Plex Meta Manager is compatible with Emby, this would be a possibility to create collections based on keywords. I would prefer tags from IMDb, but since there is already a TMDB API connection, it would be a lot easier to get them from there, instead of scraping them from the IMDb website.

Jellyfin is getting them from TMDB btw.
But they're failing with the integration of the filter options. It just opens a large select field, which slows down everything and you can't even search for specific keywords.

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, Riddler84 said:

instead of scraping them from the IMDb website.

Nothing ever comes from IMDB, neither via API calls nor scraped from website. 

On 1/26/2023 at 10:54 PM, Happy2Play said:

Absolutely nothing comes from IMDB.

If implemented, TMDB would be the only source. 

Edited by GrimReaper

Riddler84
29 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Nothing ever comes from IMDB, neither via API calls nor scraped from website. 

But why though? I feel like this limits Emby's potential. Plex for example gives you three different rating sources you can choose from: TMDB, IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes.
In my opinion, TMDB is the worst source for ratings. I think IMDb is much more accurate, because so much more people are voting.

Getting data from TMDB only also rules out critic ratings, which is weird, because you can enter a value for this in Emby, and it will show you a "Tomatometer", but this data is not automatically retrieved from Rotten Tomatoes^^ Was this planned, but scrapped? The "Top Picks" plugin makes use of this and shows an RT rating.

Same goes for tags. I think they are much better from IMDb, just because more people are entering them and voting for them. But that's just my opinion and I just ask questions ;)

Edit: I just noticed, that the Top Picks Plugin also receives the community rating from IMDb^^

Edited by Riddler84

GrimReaper

Emby also provides IMDB and RT ratings - coming from OMDB, so they're available and accurate as much as they are available/accurate/updated on OMDB. IMDB data costs - and that cost is way out of reach. 

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-6em5woz5oidg4?sr=0-7&ref_=beagle&applicationId=AWSMPContessa#offers

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-wdqq4hg3bcbws?sr=0-1&ref_=beagle&applicationId=AWSMPContessa

Edited by GrimReaper

Riddler84
21 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Emby also provides IMDB and RT ratings - coming from OMDB

You're right. Just included it as metadata source and now the ratings are coming from IMDb and RT. That's some progress, thanks^^

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, trevormoss said:

Any update on implementing this?

Hi, in Emby server tags are designed to be user defined but an option to control this is certainly possible.