sort by title?

rliepins

rliepins

Hi

One thing my wife loves to do in WMC's Recorded TV folder is to switch back and forth between views sorted by date added and by title.  Is there an easy way to switch back and forth via those views?  When I sort by Name, it doesn't change the view at all.

Thanks

rliepins

Huh, interesting.  As I try to sort by all other options, nothing seems to work and it is stuck in Date Added, descending.  

Is there a way to clear or reset sorting data?  If logs are needed, which one should I include?

As a related question, is there a way to add the date recorded to the item details on the Recordings page?  Right now, I am able to get the name of the show along with the Season and Episode data.

Thanks

Edited by rliepins

• 2 months later...
lurch9366

I do not see a sort by title option while in recordings in emby. Only in server wmc. I would like to start switching over to using emby for all my off air viewing with Microsoft stopping support for windows 7 next year however sort by title is a deal breaker.  

I do not see a sort by title option while in recordings in emby. Only in server wmc. I would like to start switching over to using emby for all my off air viewing with Microsoft stopping support for windows 7 next year however sort by title is a deal breaker.  

The RECORDING tab in Live TV or the Recording Library that gets installed?

I don't have the option in the tabbed version but do have it in the Library version.

denz

If you go to Live TV - > Recordings -> All Recordings it is there sort by name and ascending or descending but it doesn't produce the correct result it doesn't group them like in wmc nor does it put them in order on my screen there is no change. They are only grouped outside live tv which is pointless it should be all under Live TV the motto should be less clicks better results in emby it is other way around.

I always have said I find the Recording outside live tv of no use. Why have two ways of accessing recordings in WMC you can achieve it all in one click. 

Edited by denz
  • Like 1

lurch9366

ultimately I need it to nest by title. It does this in server wmc but not any other library. so when windows media center goes away so will nested title sorting.  Please add this feature.

I'm still not sure I get your problem.  If using the web view what is wrong with the functionality you get when you go into the RECORDING library?

denz

The problem is why should you go to an extra library when it should be all doable inside live tv tle recordings library serves no purpose in wmc they did the smart way you click by title and everything is grouped in emby you have to go out of live tv and go over to recordings library for functionality that should be inside live tv recordings.

Instead of having less clicks emby is creating unnecessary problems like they did with delete function they invented a problem that there was no need for it by having unnecessary information in delete dialog that just confuses non computer people. If there was competition I would say so long emby but emby is the only competition to wmc but it is not even close to wmc even basic feature like delete are not working properly. It just seems dvr is not priority until the competition makes an improvement.

Edited by denz

What I'm asking is IF it's correct for you when you VIEW it from the Recording library?

If the tabbed view worked the same as the recording library would that be good?

lurch9366

To be clear I like the way it works now in serverWMC, each title is nested as a collection would be in movies. I agree that multiple entry points are not needed for the same library.  Can the check box " group items into collections" be added to the recorded TV library? It is already an option in my movie folders. 

Regarding sorting recordings by title, what screen exactly are you referring to? Is it the Recordings tab under Live TV?

• 5 months later...
lurch9366

Sorry for the delay I gave up for a wile and went back to using wmc. When in emby theater in the recorded tv folder or live tv on recording tab the TV series are not nesting as a box set would. They are all listed individually. This is very cumbersome when you have over 1tb of recordings. I also have a roku and the collapse into collections is checked but no luck. I am using this naming convention ( A Million Little Things S01E02) I have a nvidia shield on the way and will be using it as the main front end for all things media. I would really like to get this working as I am moving away from wmc and as such the server wmc folder will no longer be an option. 

Edited by lurch9366

Sorry for the delay I gave up for a wile and went back to using wmc. When in emby theater in the recorded tv folder or live tv on recording tab the TV series are not nesting as a box set would. They are all listed individually. This is very cumbersome when you have over 1tb of recordings. I also have a roku and the collapse into collections is checked but no luck. I am using this naming convention ( A Million Little Things S01E02) I have a nvidia shield on the way and will be using it as the main front end for all things media. I would really like to get this working as I am moving away from wmc and as such the server wmc folder will no longer be an option. 

@@lurch9366, you said you've enabled collapse into collections, but have you created any Collections ?

lurch9366

Do I need to create a collection for each series I have? Then add each episode as it records? This is not needed in server wmc. Is there a way to display recorded tv by series, collapsed into "collections" without the need to modify each episode as it is recorded?  I currently have almost 2 tb of recordings and this seems a bit unnecessary. 

lurch9366

Perhaps I am not giving enough info. Currently wmc does the recording and all recordings are in the main recording folder without any sub-folders. I would like to keep this format as we regularly delete episodes when we are done watching and don't want to go back and delete series folders without any episodes in them. These are recordings with commercials and I have no plans to keep any once they are watched. The server wmc plugin displayed any series in a top level "folder" structure. The recordings folder just list them out with no way to collapse into "folders"

Server wmc

5d86b5cdeea87_serverwmc.png

Emby recordings or recordings tab on Live tv

5d86b643d999e_embyrecordings.png

TV libraries in Emby require a folder structure with series per folder. We plan to be able to support a flat file library like that, but we're not currently there yet. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
lurch9366

TV libraries in Emby require a folder structure with series per folder. We plan to be able to support a flat file library like that, but we're not currently there yet. Thanks.

Any idea on a loose timeline? 1st quarter 2020? I would really enjoy if my recordings folder looked like my TV series folder. I like the all seasons section of a given series.  

• 3 months later...
lurch9366

Bump.

Just inquiring if this is on the road map yet?