offline sync not working on amazon device

revengineer

revengineer

I confirm that. I took a show that is 200 MB, sufficiently small to fit in the internal memory, and the download worked. I then deleted the show, switched storage to external memory, and tried to redownload. The process was stuck at "ready to transfer". I rinsed and repeated this 3 times and the result was reliable.

You probably noticed in the log snippet from the server posted above that the Fire OS version I quoted reports to emby server as Android 5.1.1.

atomicmoon

I'm waiting on my device to charge up and then I'll be attempting to install the apk as well. I can confirm that my issues began after I installed my SD card for external storage as well. 

atomicmoon

The apk mentioned in this post worked for my Fire Tablet. 
I manually deleted all previous transfers that were hung up, and then synced an entire season to my tablet via the tablet interface.

Once it's complete, I'll attempt another sync from the web ui to the tablet.

Thanks for addressing this issue and hopefully this works for others affected as well.

Edit: after further inspection, the app defaults to the internal storage, so all above was sent to the internal.
I'm going to delete these, and try again. I have setup the storage location to external.

Edited by atomicmoon

Can you please attach the app log? I was not expecting anything to change here. This was just about logging.

• Like 1

atomicmoon

Can you please attach the app log? I was not expecting anything to change here. This was just about logging.

I'm ignorant where to find the actual log for the device.

Only logs I can seem to find are for the server itself.

revengineer

Can you repeat the test using this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9am2hgfcj403j8d/MediaBrowser.Mobile-googlearmv7-release.apk?dl=0

And then provide the app log? thanks.

@@Luke logs are attached. Here is the sequence. 

1. Tried download to internal SD card and transfer did NOT start.

2. Deleted sync request and set it up again to internal SD card, then it worked.

3. Then tried TWICE to download same show to external SD card, did not work (Ready to transfer state). 

449e8837-98ec-4e7d-9e41-40e7e69fb34b.log

891d0795-6280-447b-9ea1-10d9889e0ff1.log

revengineer

Can you please try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9am2hgfcj403j8d/MediaBrowser.Mobile-googlearmv7-release.apk?dl=0

Then attach a new log. Thanks.

Logs attached. I first downloaded to internal SD card , which worked, and then to external SD card, which failed. It does seems to create the directory structure on the SD card, just the download does not start.

logs.zip

Ok none of those have what I'm looking for. It doesn't appear you tried to download anything. Can you please try again? Thanks.

revengineer

That is weird because I initiated downloads several times to both internal and external SD card. But the fact that even the internal SD card did not work is consistent with you finding. So something is odd in addition to the issue at hand.

In any case, I tried again initiating several downloads. The one to internal SD was successful so I hope that the attempts for the external SD card provide the sough after log entries. Log folder is attached, it likely also contains the older logs.

Files_downloaded_by_AirDroid (2).zip

• 2 weeks later...
atomicmoon

Wanted to follow up with this thread and see if anything has been discovered?
Missing the ability to take shows with me to work and work internet is slow as hell so streaming from home is not a great solution.
My internal storage on my Fire tablet is just too small to sync anything to.

Thank you!