Kodi for Emby stopped working

darkside40
Go to solution Solved by darkside40,

darkside40

Hi there,

i have a strange problem with my Emby Install on Libreelec 8.95.002, it simply stopped working.

It shows an Emby failure when i start Kodi and i cant play any content.

I am on Beta Channel with Version 3.1.43c. 

Any hint what could be wrong?

kodi.log

darkside40

@@Angelblue05

Okay tried it but does not make a difference.

I attached you my new Kodi log.

Maybe the failure is within Libreelec 8.95.002?

Is there maybe a way to downgrade the plugin?

@@Luke

It simply a big red cross saying "Emby failure, see log"

kodi.log

Edited by darkside40

darkside40

@@Angelblue05

Tried it unfortunately did not help.

I attached you the log again, the first failure is with 3.1.43d the second one with 3.1.43e, its definately different.

If we cant hunt this down i will reinstall the machine from scratch at the weekend an switch to Emby Server 4.0 at the same time.

EvolutionVII

Same issue here with LibreElec running 3.1.43c - somehow the sync is broken. I can still play the already synced media but it fails to update the library.

Is any of you who have connection problems, using beta or stable Emby server 4.0.x AND have remote access disabled in Emby server ?

Angelblue05

@@Angelblue05

Tried it unfortunately did not help.

I attached you the log again, the first failure is with 3.1.43d the second one with 3.1.43e, its definately different.

If we cant hunt this down i will reinstall the machine from scratch at the weekend an switch to Emby Server 4.0 at the same time.

You haven't attached the log.

Angelblue05

Same issue here with LibreElec running 3.1.43c - somehow the sync is broken. I can still play the already synced media but it fails to update the library.

Can you post your Kodi log? Maybe it's not the same issue?

• Solution
darkside40

Okay beeing honest, lazy as i am i just hard resetted my my Libreelec install and install Beta Repo 1.0.6 from scratch.

Now the Plugin launches and just now imports everything again.

From my pov it is solved, as long as this does not happen again in the next few days.

Edited by darkside40
  • Like 1

EvolutionVII

Can you post your Kodi log? Maybe it's not the same issue?

Here's my log

I updated emby on another android box NOT running LibreElec and it forced me to do a DB reset. It's still not working but at least it triggered something.

On libreelec I can't even reset the local db without an error.

*edit* other box is working now, LibreElec still not triggering a DB renewal.

*edit2* also did a hardreset and it seems to be working now

kodi.log

Edited by EvolutionVII
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes, the hard reset seems to be the only way. Thanks for reporting back to confirm this resolved your issue. By the way, what is the issue with your Android box? Did you make a thread?

Angelblue05

Okay beeing honest, lazy as i am i just hard resetted my my Libreelec install and install Beta Repo 1.0.6 from scratch.

Now the Plugin launches and just now imports everything again.

From my pov it is solved, as long as this does not happen again in the next few days.

It shouldn't happen again. But if it does, let me know. I had a few users with that issue in the past, like the Kodi python interpreter couldn't see the import paths correctly. A hard reset fixed things for them too and it's been working since. Glad to hear it works.

I have simular problems but i cannot fix it.

Running Emby here on a intel nuc on kodi libreelec offcial 8.2.5.

When i started kodi the first time after my server was updated i suddenly had to enter the password again of the emby user in kodi.

After login all the data/media was double, repairing the database etc did not work, the media was still double.

I try to repair database etc but nothing helped, also eachtime i start kodi i had to enter the user password again, this was not the case before i updated the server.

Then i removed emby from kodi and reinstalled the beta version from the beta repo, here the login works fine but it does NOT update the media, it just reports that the databaes must be rebuild and i agreed on it but then nothing happens, the movie and tv shows library stay empty, also no message that emby is updating etc (rebooted several times)

When i start the update manually also nothing happens.

I removed the beta version again and back to the stable version again, first i deleted all databases, after install the problem is stil the same.

No media and each time i start kodi i have to login and then nothing happens, no syncing etc, just login message and that is it.

I read everywhere that emby version is now 3.1.4x  but mine is still 3.0.x also when i update the emby app in kodi it does not find any newer version at all.

How and where can i download this new version, using the emby.media repo i simply get no update at all

So my emby is now totally bricked on kodi, no media at all and the login does also not work properly using the stable version.

My emby server (4.0.0.0 on synology nas) reports kodi is connected but no media is transferred etc.

2019-01-18 01:03:50.973 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.1.2:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json. UserAgent: Emby-Kodi (3.0.34)2019-01-18 01:03:50.975 Info UserManager: Authentication request for kodi has succeeded.2019-01-18 01:03:50.976 Info SessionManager: Reissuing access token: fd11bce94ac9415abd04194ce7ade9cc2019-01-18 01:03:50.982 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.8. Time: 9ms. http://192.168.1.2:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json2019-01-18 01:03:51.168 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.2:8096/emby/Users?format=json. UserAgent: Emby-Kodi (3.0.34)2019-01-18 01:03:51.179 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.8. Time: 10ms. http://192.168.1.2:8096/emby/Users?format=json

When i look in at the databases my video is at version MyVideos107.db, elsewhere i read that they are on 114 or something.....

Deleting it and restart does not fix the problem, it just recreated the same database version

Anyone an idea how to fix this?!?!

Angelblue05

As stated multiple times before, you need to update to beta. Stable does not work with the new server 4.0 as there are breaking changes that completely breaks the stable add-on.

Can you install the beta version of Emby for Kodi? You can find it (3.1.44) in the beta repository which can be downloaded here: http://kodi.emby.media

Then once installed and you restart Kodi, you say nothing happens, can you post your complete Kodi log that captures what happen upon starting Kodi? Thank you.

The Kodi database version depends on the Kodi version you are running. 107 = Krypton, higher is Leia.

Edited by Angelblue05

where is this beta version??

When i install from emby repo i only see 3.0.34, not the other one.

When i install the beta repo i only see versio 4.x

I canmot see any version 3.1 in both repo's

ok got it installed..On reboot it asked to reboild DB and i agreed, then it ask if local video etc db should be fixed or something i agreed

Then nothing happens.....

All my media is gone and when i restart kodi again the same popup keeps coming back, db should be rebuild etc etc

Angelblue05

Post your Kodi log, thank you. So I can see why nothing is happening.  ;)

Edited by Angelblue05

here the kodi log

I have now NO media in kodi itself, when i see the log it states SKIPP, dunno why but in kodi itself there is no media to be found anymore.

In the old version there was an option to manually sync the database again, this option is gone in this newer version....

I tried to remove the options remove database and update database but nothing seems to be working

kodi.log

• Like 1

revengineer

I do not want to mess with the beta. Any comment how close to a final release this plugin is? 

As a general comment: A seemingly decent release of the server has been overshadowed with usability issues on the client. Issues exist with both the Kodi plugin and the Android release. I assumed the clients were ready to go with the server release and wish the server release would have been held back until the clients are working.