Streaming Music from Emby App/Web to Kodi breaks Artwork

QDivision

QDivision

Hi,

The problem I'm having is as follows:

Set a playlist or instant mix of music to stream to a Kodi installation from Emby web interface or Emby Android App, the artwork (album/background fanart) shows up on the first song but then when the next song comes on (from a natural ending of the previous song) the artwork doesn't appear.

Note you have to let the song finish on it's own, if you skip the song in Kodi or Emby the artwork appears correctly for the next song.

I am using the latest Emby server (3.5.3) on Windows 10 with up to date patches.

Kodi is the latest release candidate 18 RC5 although this has happened with the other RCs

emby kodi plugin is beta version 3.1.42a but has happened with the previous beta builds as well

Not sure if this is a problem with Emby or Kodi or the Plugin.

QDivision

I've just realised it's not just the artwork it's all the metadata that fails to show up including artist, song title etc.

QDivision

Hi,

Just tested and it's mostly fixed however the background fanart doesn't appear at all now if played from the emby app/web to Kodi but it does if I start the song in Kodi. (The background fanart is at artist level not song)

Also I've notice the recently added albums seems to be wrong again (not sure if you want a separate thread for this) it seems to be completly different to what's in the 'latest music' section in emby.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks for reporting back. Will look into the background fanart missing.

There's nothing to be done. Latest in music is all based on the songs themselves, not the dateadded from the albums and so it will differ from Emby always, unfortunately. 

Angelblue05

Ok I remember what the issue was regarding latest music, it depends on the order in which the albums are imported into the database. And that wasn't something we could really support. But to be sure, I will add it to my list to review again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
QDivision

This has been marked as fixed but the fanart still doesn't work with the latest release 4.0.1 is it still being looked into?

sualfred

Works here and Player.Art(fanart) gets filled correctly.

And Estuary and Embuary are also returning it. It's possible that it is a skin issue on your end. Which skin are you using?

5c51fcee29570_A0A2D25A759349B9853E4BBE42

QDivision

I am using standard estuary. Did you start the stream from emby or from Kodi?

The fanart shows correctly if I start music from Kodi but not if I start from emby casting to kodi.

Edited by DIY-Sensei

QDivision

I have just done a complete fresh installation of Kodi v18 release (no setting changes except allowing unknown sources) and only installed the Emby plugin (didn't alter any settings) set playback to addon default.

The problem still remains, this is both on a Windows installation  of Kodi and Fire TV.

I am running latest Emby v4.0.1 and latest Emby plugin v4.0.1. The fanart only appears if i start music from within Kodi.

If I go to the webapp of Emby (either localhost or through my domain name) click the cast icon top right, select the Kodi device, then select a song to play, the fanart does not appear, the album art does and the track info is correct.

Angelblue05

I've tested and fanart shows up for me too.

What is your file structure, are you using artist/album/songs or just songs floating in a folder?

QDivision

My structure is artist/album/song.

I don't understand why it's just me having this issue then. It's happening on all 3 of my devices and I did I fresh install to confirm. Is there anything else I can do to help diagnose?

sualfred

Please add the attached xml in the directory of your used skin and restart Kodi.

Try to reproduce the issue and let me know which value is filled in the upper left corner.

It should look like this:

5c53229ec7d22_45DAE01A261E466C8A4807F34B

Custom_1148_test.xml

QDivision

Hmm, the image seems to have got slightly corrupted on upload. Basically the second image just shows two quote marks with no url inside.

sualfred

Are you still on Emby 3.5.3?

Edit:

Please also enable debug logging of the Emby addon in the addon settings and provide us a log.

Edited by sualfred

QDivision

Looks like the image is not being sent from Emby?

20:02:11.898 T:9652  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.actions -> DEBUG::  [ art/fanart ]
20:02:11.912 T:9652  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.actions -> DEBUG::  [ art/discart ]
20:02:11.912 T:9652  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.actions -> DEBUG::  [ art/fanart_image ]
20:02:11.912 T:9652  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.actions -> DEBUG::  [ art/thumb ] http://{emby-server}/emby/Items/56112/Images/Primary/0?Format=original&Tag=d7dcf86453c6a2bda8ebe8d00e1282b3
20:02:11.912 T:9652  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.actions -> DEBUG::  [ art/clearlogo ]

The fanart is at artist level not song/album level, is this a bug with Emby then?
  • Like 1