Custom Aeon Nox MediaBrowser compatible skin - now supporting Helix

xnappo

xnappo

Yep - that looks right to me - will get it into the repo and test (role reversal :D ). 

As to the menu entry problem - I found the issue - Aeon Nox saves the last entry point from the main menu in guiitems.xml - will fix that tonight.

xnappo

• Like 1

vidkun

So far, it's working pretty nicely. I was gonna vote for the 5.x version though. ;)

Would like to see the "new" flag (if it's there, it doesn't appear to be showing up). Also noticing issues with watched status not being tracked/updated properly, but I'm thinking that's more of an XBMB3C/MB3 issue than it is the skin.

Thanks for the continued great work!

xnappo

What do you like in the 5.x version?  I personally see nothing very attractive - just removal of the cool animations.

It is easy to do - seriously - you can do it yourself with a little help if you want.

xnappo

vidkun

Seems to be more "native" as if it were done specifically for gotham as opposed to 4.1.9 which feels more like it was made for frodo (or whatever the name was) and hacked to work with gotham. Feels more lightweight and cleaner. I also like the textures better (seems....flatter?).

My preference for it is only slight. Not that huge of deal. They're both great, 5.x just seemed more of a fit for the newer organization of things in XBMC. What animations are you referring to? Not sure I noticed anything I used being removed.

xnappo

Well you won't see the animations in Frodo with XBMB3C - but cool stuff like the disc slipping out of the case and spinning...  Maybe it is in 5.0 and I just didn't find it..

xnappo

vidkun

When editing the main menu, if I set the background for the "Movies" and "TV Shows" items to latest movies and latest episodes will that be pulling the correct images and info from XBMB3C/MBS3? Or is that going to be pulling from the regular XBMC db? If the later, any way to accomplish what I'm wanting from XBMB3C?

xnappo

No - that won't work yet.  Soon I will have random images - if you want latest episode images as an option - open a thread on the XBMB3C side - it doesn't support that yet.

xnappo

vidkun

Ok, thanks. And am I missing the place to set the default view type? I tried rearranging them in MyVideoNav in the 1080i folder.

xnappo

No - it is really really unfinished.  I will work on it more this weekend.

xnappo

birk

Hey new to MB3 here and trying to set up XBMB3C for the first time and I've always been a fan of aeon nox so thanks for the skin, its working well so far except for a few display issues.

1. Is there a way to set a default view mode for each new tv show? I want to set the season, and episode lists to the 'Episode' layout by default. In my normal XBMC library when I change one show it changes them all.
  2. The latest episodes, and nextup episodes widgets on the homescreen each show the same 'Backdrop' image as a thumbnail for every episode of the same show instead of the episode's thumbnail which does exist (It shows up in the actual library).
  3. In the opposite vane when I use the 'Episode' layout to view a season the boxart on the left shows a squished thumbnail of the highlighted episode, in addition to showing the episode thumbnail on the right.

I skimmed through the thread a bit but cant seem to figure anything out as I'm not sure where the problem lies. Like I said I'm new to MB3 in general (trying it out from using an XBMC mysql share) so I'm not sure if the artwork/metadata is misorganized with MB3 or its just beta issues or what...

Thanks in advance for any help!

dark_slayer

Well you won't see the animations in Frodo with XBMB3C - but cool stuff like the disc slipping out of the case and spinning...  Maybe it is in 5.0 and I just didn't find it..

xnappo

Hey xnappo, speaking of the disc spinning . . .

I'm having something strange occur with disc images. Looking in the dashboard, all the images appear correct (the whitespace from the disc.png is cropped out)

However, when I load a view with disc images or animation (spinning discs) in both arctic.xbmb3c and your ANxbmb3c-beta --- I get disc images with black space around the disc (as if the disc.png wasn't cropped but instead the white was replaced with black). Since none of the backgrounds they are animated on are fully black it's clear that they have the original disc.png shape (square) with black filled in around the disc instead of white

Is this the same for everyone else?

Example

hUnL0z6.jpg

dark_slayer

Also, should have mentioned, but I didn't intent to single out those two skins -- they just happen to be the only two I've used thus far

xnappo

I was just noticing some black boxes around clear art this morning.   The discs definitely used to be right - I haven't looked lately.

@ - I don't think we have changed anything here right?

xnappo

dark_slayer

I'm sure it's stickied somewhere, and I'm doing a poor job of reading

But do you want the log files, or would they help? I can upload them if you want, or set them to debug and recreate

I can't find a way to view disc art in confluence, but I'll try looking through the other skins and see if the issue remains

xnappo

I don't think logfiles will help here. 

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

tube82

Hey new to MB3 here and trying to set up XBMB3C for the first time and I've always been a fan of aeon nox so thanks for the skin, its working well so far except for a few display issues.

1. Is there a way to set a default view mode for each new tv show? I want to set the season, and episode lists to the 'Episode' layout by default. In my normal XBMC library when I change one show it changes them all.
  2. The latest episodes, and nextup episodes widgets on the homescreen each show the same 'Backdrop' image as a thumbnail for every episode of the same show instead of the episode's thumbnail which does exist (It shows up in the actual library).
  3. In the opposite vane when I use the 'Episode' layout to view a season the boxart on the left shows a squished thumbnail of the highlighted episode, in addition to showing the episode thumbnail on the right.

I skimmed through the thread a bit but cant seem to figure anything out as I'm not sure where the problem lies. Like I said I'm new to MB3 in general (trying it out from using an XBMC mysql share) so I'm not sure if the artwork/metadata is misorganized with MB3 or its just beta issues or what...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi, I'll try to answer your questions :)

1. AFAIK there currently is no default view setting. There is a workaround, though. When you look at the xml files of the different views you can find out what the internal ID of the views ist. Because you want the episode view I checked that one: It's ID 514. In the MyVideoNav.xml you can set the priotity of the views in line 13. The one that is listed first will be used as default view. Put 514 to the first position and the episode view will be your default. After that your movies and tv shows views will also be on episode view, but you can of course change that in XBMC with a few clicks.

2. support for widget art is still very limited. The only art that will work pretty much without problems in widgets is poster art.

3. This is actually a problem that has been re-introduced with one of the last commits. Two lines of code were commented out. I don't know why this was done because that leads to the current bahavior. If you want to check locally: remove the two '#' in lines 1583 and 1584 of default.py. Instead of the stretched thumbnail you should get the season poster!

xnappo

How do you suggest we offer detailed art to art-aware skins while still providing basics to simple skins?  It is a nasty XBMC issue :(

re: the black rotating disc: this is due to hacks I made while proving out rotating art.  In general treat my Aeon Nox repo as complete crap until I say otherwise!

xnappo

• Like 1

tube82

I don't really understand why 'poster' is used in confluence to display the episode thumb. Isn't that what 'thumb' is for?

Is that the mapping in native XBMC? If it is, is it even possible to display a season poster in an episode view? Right now in XBMB3C I don't know how.

Without the mapping of 'poster' = season poster, this is what we have on episode level:

thumb: Episode thumbnail

poster: Episode thumbnail

tvshow.poster: Series poster

What is the purpose of 'thumb'? 

xnappo

I will make this an option since it is better in all skins except confluence. It will be off by default and replace the 'use series art' option. Name/description suggestions welcome.

xnappo

[EDIT] Checked this in along with the other art work fixes we discussed.  Please check in various skins.  Confluence and Aeon Nox look right - with the switch thrown as appropriate for each.

Edited by xnappo

tube82

Looking good, the new setting makes sense and seems to work correctly!

You missed the 'landscape'='thumb' mapping. Season banners now work, but season thumbs as well as series thumbs are still displaying the series backdrop.

In addition, I now have some problems with transparent images having a black background. I noticed it on a couple of clearlogos in the homescreen.

• Like 1

xnappo

Please post the code as you want it.   

Just checked in fix for transparency problem - you will need to delete your Textures.db file though.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

tube82

Looks very good. Transparency is fixed and the mapping is good as well. I believe this is the best mapping, but I guess we'll have to collect feedback from more users who use different skins.

xnappo

I checked in a new version with rotating item art.

Also - the main menu rotating art now uses the normal background selection method instead of the MB3 rotator.

@ @@im85288 - kinda interesting - Aeon Nox uses the widget data for it's main menu art rotation...

xnappo

• Like 2