Custom Aeon Nox MediaBrowser compatible skin - now supporting Helix

xnappo

cgrey000

I've been doing some more playing around with this skin now that I'm getting more familiar with it and the underlying python code in the addon. I've brought back a couple of features that I really liked in "native" XBMC - (1) DiscArt on the movie widgets (including the new InProgress movies one that I created) and (2) Floor Flags in most movies and episode views. See screenshots below.

The I'd be happy to share these, but have one issue - the discart on widgets mod requires a change the the XBMB3C plugin itself - not just the skin. I had to add the Discart property to both InProgressMovies and LatestMovies and then "pick it up" in the skin. Not sure the best way to distribute that part. 

5434ad760f49f_widget.jpg

5434ae0c213e2_floorflags.jpg

5434ae28a3e80_floorflags2.jpg

• Like 1

cgrey000

Now I have to figure out why one of my clients is acting way differently than the other two. Double and triple-checked I copied the right files, compared checksums to be sure, cleared cache, restarted XBMC -- getting ready to do a complete re-install of everything down to xbmc.

Can't get ANY widget to show up in spot #2 on the "movies" main menu item. All work in #1, and in #2 when TV and VIDEOS is selected. Strangest thing...

Still struggling with this on one client, but now I know the cause (even if I can't yet find the solution)...

The one client that this is happening on is the only one that has a native XBMC movies library. The other two are all XBMB3C.

Somehow, widget #2 but only for movies items, seems to not want to populate if the native XBMC library doesn't exist. It correctly pulls the movie information from MB3, it just needs the XBMC library there to do it. I'm pulling my hair out now! :)

Edited by cgrey000

xnappo

Okay, will take a look when I get a chance.  I vaguely remember this from before :D

xnappo

cgrey000

Okay, will take a look when I get a chance.  I vaguely remember this from before :D

xnappo

Don't waste time on it. It'll be a good opportunity for me to dig deeper, Meanwhile, for me, I worked around it by adding a library to this client...

I wonder if we're the only 2 people using this skin at this point anyway ;)

xnappo

I think there is at least one more :D  It has to be one of those 'visible if library has movies' checks somewhere...

xnappo

cgrey000

I think there is at least one more :D  It has to be one of those 'visible if library has movies' checks somewhere...

xnappo

I've submitted a couple more widget tweaks. Brain starting to hurt, and before I spend my whole day off on this, going to go find my wife and kids and spend a few hours with them...

xnappo

A new version of the skin in available in the repo (shortly) thanks to our newest contributor @@cgrey000

- Added InProgress Widget

- Added DiscArt to Widgets

- Restored floor tags

- Fixed 'PLAY' function in 'Latest Movies' widgets

- Added MPAA rating to Widgets

xnappo

• Like 1

cgrey000

A new version of the skin in available in the repo (shortly) thanks to our newest contributor @@cgrey000

- Added InProgress Widget

- Added DiscArt to Widgets

- Restored floor tags

- Fixed 'PLAY' function in 'Latest Movies' widgets

- Added MPAA rating to Widgets

xnappo

Just an FYI on this... The DiscArt on Widgets feature won't work until there's an XBMB3c update pushed which includes changes that were made to add the discart propperty to InProgress and Latest movies.. I did submit those changes, but not sure when that will release. Meanwhile, nothing should break if you update this skin before then - when the appropriate plugin update comes, you'll start to see the DiscArt in your widgets ..

Edit: I *think* 0.9.601 that xnappo pushed earlier contains the change required for DiscArt

Edited by cgrey000
  • Like 1

xnappo

Fixed in Git..

Also fixed the 2nd movie widget 'no library' issue.

Pushing to repo now.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

cgrey000

Thanks for the find/fix, and sorry for my delayed response. I'm out of town at a conference this week, so I've not had much time to check in... Once I'm back home this weekend, I plan to go more in-depth through various views to look for enhancements (from my perspective, at least)...

cgrey000

Found and fixed an issue where movies that are MPAA rated "G" in the US show the "N/R" (not rated) icon anywhere it is displayed.

Change is in git.

space2001

found a issue with the widgets,  

If I am logged in with a different user it still shows in progress for everyone.  Same with Random Backgrounds.

I have 2 accounts 1 for kids.  

xnappo

I don't think this is specific to this skin.  XBMB3C only partially supports profiles.  If you restart XBMC does it work right? 

xnappo

space2001

Aww for some reason XBMC was hanging in the background I killed it off and now it works.

Is there a quick way to switch users?

• 2 weeks later...
dark_slayer

Hey @@xnappo,

I was wondering what would happen if the old XBMC "show info" screen's trailer option was re-enabled? It used to go over to youtube and search for a trailer with the title matching the title of whatever you happened to be on in your library. This was my go-to for trailer watching

I don't think the trailer plugin stores links your titles afaik, and I'm hoping not to go and pull down 4-5 thousand local trailers for my library. The old xbmc youtube search worked fine over 90% of the time when I used to use their arcane library management

• 3 months later...
monkeyslapper

@@xnappo

skin looks great! have tried to download the skin for helix. I am getting error msg. Not correct structure to add. I am using openelec v5.05. Helix. with Titan skin. Works GOOD. but i really miss the AEON skin. I really prefer to eye candy stuff. The process that i have used to install.. download zip file. go to install from zip. or am i just doing something wrong?? 

Thanks Monkeyslapper