Custom Aeon Nox MediaBrowser compatible skin - now supporting Helix

xnappo

xnappo

I think @@marcelveldt ran into this with his skin.  We looked into an add-on side solution, but don't think there is one.

marcel - what was the work-around in the skin?

Thanks,

xnappo

xnappo

Actually, in this case, simply change line 1080 of ViewType_AddOnWall.xml from:

<label>$VAR[InfoWallTextboxVar]</label>

to:

<label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(MB3.Plot)]</label>

xnappo

marcelveldt

I've tried quite a few variations on modifying the Skin.HasSetting(preferplot) + !IsEmpty line to include $INFO[Window(Home).Property(MB3.Plot)] but none of them seem to work (none of the seem to break anything either :) )

This is the right solution but you have to include this as the top most value as xbmc just loads the values by first match.

So, for backwards compatibility use this solution, if you don't use normal libraries use xnappo's solution which is much easier :-)

Edited by marcelveldt

• 4 weeks later...
cgrey000

I tend to experiment with just about every new skin that comes along, and always end up back with Nox... 

Does anyone else have any trouble with the "In Progress Movies" widget?  I've tried it on a few different clients now, and just can't get it to populate. On one of my 3 clients, I've even done a clean installation of XBMC, XBMB3C and Nox 4.1.9c ..

Is it just me?

xnappo

I definitely haven't provided a widget for that, so that would be why :)

I will add it to the next version.

If you want to help, it is easy and I can tell you how, then it will be sooner...

xnappo

cgrey000

I definitely haven't provided a widget for that, so that would be why :)

I will add it to the next version.

If you want to help, it is easy and I can tell you how, then it will be sooner...

xnappo

Well, that explains that :)

I'd be more than happy to. I've dabbled a bit with several skins a while ago, but quickly came to the conclusion that I don't have the time to fully immerse myself. That said, if it can take some of the load off of you, point me in the right direction and I'll give it a shot.

• Like 1

xnappo

Okay, so the three files in question are:

1080i\Includes_Widget1.xml

1080i\Includes_Widget2.xml

1080i\Includes_WidgetLayout.xml

Most of the editing is in the first two.

First, look for '<include name="LatestMoviesItems">' in the first file.  You will see here for each item, there is a section gated at the end with '<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c)</visible>' then another with '<visible>Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c)</visible>'

That second section is what you need to add to '<include name="WatchlistMoviesItems">' for every item, but using 'InProgressMovieMB3.X.<variable> instead of 'LatestMovieMB3.X.<variable>'.

Do this for 'Includes_Widget2.xml' as well.  Be careful not to blindly cut and paste between the two - the <onclick> and <visible> conditions are slightly different in the second file.

Next you need to edit '1080i\Includes_WidgetLayout.xml'.  This is what actually displays the widget.

Look for '<include name="RecentWidget">'.  Look at places where I have made the widget visible if other 'MB3' variables are not empty, and add code to make it visible for 'InProgressMovieMB3'.  This part can be a bit tricky.

Remember you need to restart XBMC any time you make a change, or you can add a hotkey to reload the skin:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skin_development_introduction#Helpful_Commands

Good luck, I can help if you get stuck.  Check the log if it doesn't work.  Look out for case differences - the tv include is 'WatchListEpisodes' while movies are 'WatchlistMovies' etc.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

cgrey000

Okay, so the three files in question are:

1080i\Includes_Widget1.xml

1080i\Includes_Widget2.xml

1080i\Includes_WidgetLayout.xml

Most of the editing is in the first two.

First, look for '<include name="LatestMoviesItems">' in the first file.  You will see here for each item, there is a section gated at the end with '<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c)</visible>' then another with '<visible>Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c)</visible>'

That second section is what you need to add to '<include name="WatchlistMoviesItems">' for every item, but using 'InProgressMovieMB3.X.<variable> instead of 'LatestMovieMB3.X.<variable>'.

Do this for 'Includes_Widget2.xml' as well.  Be careful not to blindly cut and paste between the two - the <onclick> and <visible> conditions are slightly different in the second file.

Next you need to edit '1080i\Includes_WidgetLayout.xml'.  This is what actually displays the widget.

Look for '<include name="RecentWidget">'.  Look at places where I have made the widget visible if other 'MB3' variables are not empty, and add code to make it visible for 'InProgressMovieMB3'.  This part can be a bit tricky.

Remember you need to restart XBMC any time you make a change, or you can add a hotkey to reload the skin:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skin_development_introduction#Helpful_Commands

Good luck, I can help if you get stuck.  Check the log if it doesn't work.  Look out for case differences - the tv include is 'WatchListEpisodes' while movies are 'WatchlistMovies' etc.

xnappo

Sweet!  Thank you. Looks like I've got a project for the next few nights after work :)

I will start to tackle this tonight. Once I get it working, I'll have to figure out how to get submitted in GIT. But one challenge at a time ...

Thanks again.

Edited by cgrey000
  • Like 1

cgrey000

No problem - good luck!

xnappo

I am reasonably confident I've got the includes_widget1 and includes_widget2 files correct. I am equally confident I've botched the includes_widgetlayout file

When I go in to the skin customizer in xbmc and edit the main menu, when I attach the in-progress movies widget to the movies menu, I can see my 8 in progress movies. Works for both widget1 and widget2. Yippee!

However, when I am out of the editor and in the menu itself, the widget doesn't appear (in either position). I can see the in progress movies for a "split second" (and they're correct), but then they disappear. I'm sure I'm missing a visible condition that is needed in the layout file.

I've attached the three edited files (in a zip). Would still love to know what I missed so I can get the satisfaction of fixing this :)

Widgets.zip

xnappo

Hehe.  Yeah.. I added one widget item just so I could help you out, and ran into the same problem :D  So at least you can take heart in knowing you aren't doing something stupid. 

I just looked at it for a bit and can't figure it out.  Will look more tomorrow...  

xnappo

cgrey000

Hehe.  Yeah.. I added one widget item just so I could help you out, and ran into the same problem :D  So at least you can take heart in knowing you aren't doing something stupid. 

I just looked at it for a bit and can't figure it out.  Will look more tomorrow...  

xnappo

I just got a little closer....

The "HomePanelWidget" include in the layout file... Got it to appear by adding a visible condition there. Right now, I can only get it to show up as Widget 1 (won't show up as 2). Also, I only have 6 movies that are in progress, #7 and #8 are showing up as #1 and #2.

But I'm closer. 

Need sleep, but I think I am on to something now. Tomorrow....

cgrey000

I just got a little closer....

The "HomePanelWidget" include in the layout file... Got it to appear by adding a visible condition there. Right now, I can only get it to show up as Widget 1 (won't show up as 2). Also, I only have 6 movies that are in progress, #7 and #8 are showing up as #1 and #2.

But I'm closer. 

Need sleep, but I think I am on to something now. Tomorrow....

AHA!

There's also a homepanel2 include. Now it works in either place.

Strange, though, when it is in Widget1, I still have the duplication of #1 and #2 at 7 and 8. When it is in Widget 2, I don't...

So close now - need to spend a few more minutes...

cgrey000

Ok. Couldn't find it quickly, and now I'm really sleepy so that will only make things worse.

Three files attached. Right now, everything works, EXCEPT when In Progress movies is Widget #1, it seems to duplcate the first few movies (don't know for sure if it's because I have less than 8). When it's in Widget #2, it seems fine.

Thanks again for all your help, xnappo. I'm going to figure out the last piece tomorrow unless you beat me to it..

Widgets.zip

xnappo

Excellent work. Sounds like the last issue should fixable. I won't have time to look for another 12 hours or so, let me know...

xnappo

cgrey000

Excellent work. Sounds like the last issue should fixable. I won't have time to look for another 12 hours or so, let me know...

xnappo

I'm going to try to dig back in to it after work tonight. But, yeah, that won't be until after 8pm Eastern.Don't let it distract you from other things. I think I'll be able to find it. If I spend all night on it and get nowhere, I'll call in the big guns.

Again, thanks for helping to get me past this :)

xnappo

Try just completely restarting XBMC.  Your changes seem to be working fine for me...

cgrey000

Try just completely restarting XBMC.  Your changes seem to be working fine for me...

Did that several times.

Make sure you have fewer than 8 movies "in Progress" in MB - put the widget it both #1 and #2 and see if there's a difference. For me, when it's in #1 it repeats the list. 

xnappo

I think this might actually be a skin bug (not to do with the mods).

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

I found it.  In <include name="5010List">, you need to not include 'WatchlistMoviesItems' twice.  Add '!Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c)' to line 5262:

<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c) + Library.HasContent(movies) + [Window.IsActive(1124) | Substring(Skin.String(widgetlist),watchlistmoviespanel)]">WatchlistMoviesItems</include>-->

xnappo

[EDIT] I think I may have this error in there for the other widgets too, but it isn't as noticeable since they are usually fully populated.

Edited by xnappo

cgrey000

I found it.  In <include name="5010List">, you need to not include 'WatchlistMoviesItems' twice.  Add '!Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c)' to line 5262:

<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c) + Library.HasContent(movies) + [Window.IsActive(1124) | Substring(Skin.String(widgetlist),watchlistmoviespanel)]">WatchlistMoviesItems</include>-->

xnappo

[EDIT] I think I may have this error in there for the other widgets too, but it isn't as noticeable since they are usually fully populated.

Amazing. I'm about 3-hours in, and was getting ready to throw in the towel.  That's why you're the expert.  No idea how you could have found this.

Now I have to figure out why one of my clients is acting way differently than the other two. Double and triple-checked I copied the right files, compared checksums to be sure, cleared cache, restarted XBMC -- getting ready to do a complete re-install of everything down to xbmc.

Can't get ANY widget to show up in spot #2 on the "movies" main menu item. All work in #1, and in #2 when TV and VIDEOS is selected. Strangest thing...

Again, a million thanks

Edited by cgrey000

xnappo

That one was tough.  I already know a bit about the HORRIBLE widget skin code, and it still took me an hour.  Ended up just being cutting lines of code and restarting until I saw a change.  For your other issue, could be a similar problem.  On the other machine try adding one thing to the XBMC database.  I have had bugs in the code before where it still was looking for something in the library...  If that does work, needs to be fixed of course.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

cgrey000

Didn't have much of a chance tonight to muck around with the other machine - I got hit by the same bug that someone else reported with folders not displaying correctly. Found your fix in another thread and applied it, an back to normal on those.

That said, I do think the 3 files for the InProgressMovies widget are good. So - I need to pull the repo from GIT and then figure out how to submit these files back to it. Will work on that tomorrow.. 

I'd like to get involved in the development going forward. Whether it be this skin, the android client, or some other piece that needs some extra hands (and can tolerate some hand-holding) and has a personal connection for me.

cgrey000

xnappo - I've got GIT figured out. Pulled the repo down, copied the 3 files over to my local copy - it sees them and knows there are unsynched changes.

Tried to sync, but got a message that I don't have access (understandably). Is there a way I can "submit" these files for approval by someone with access to add them to the repo?