Custom Aeon Nox MediaBrowser compatible skin - now supporting Helix

xnappo

xnappo

Cast info now supported - in the XBMB3C repo!

5379fcafbd2b7_screenshot032.png

5379fcc1e1bb5_screenshot033.png

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

jasonmcroy

Hey guys,

I was playing around with this skin today for fun and because I keep having trouble deciding which skin I like the best as there are so many you are developing. 

I overall like this skin so far but there is one thing I cannot figure out if there is a setting I can change somewhere to handle it or not.

I use the coverart plugin on the MB Server and I have it set to the clear case setting which I really like. However, for the Bluray videos I have, the left side of the cover gets cut off about midway of the Bluray logo. I noticed on the screen shots in the first post it is cut off on your screen as well.

Oddly, if I minimize the XBMC screen, that logo isn't cut off, only in full screen mode. 

Any ideas why this may be happening?

-Jason

xnappo

I use the coverart plugin on the MB Server and I have it set to the clear case setting which I really like. However, for the Bluray videos I have, the left side of the cover gets cut off about midway of the Bluray logo. I noticed on the screen shots in the first post it is cut off on your screen as well.

Yeah, weird.  I will take a look and see what I can figure out.

xnappo

• Like 1

krazykozak

I like this skin because it allows me to create home screen labels for my sub media folders.

What are the custom lines needed to allow TV to only list from one media directory, so that i can add a TV KIDS label and assign that to another tv directory?

Viewing it in xbmc shows a very long path for the default tv. is this documented somewhere?

Thx

Adam

***UPDATE** Found answer here: 

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7463-repoint-home-screen-shortcuts-to-mb3-addon-paths/?hl=%2Bmedia+%2Bfolders

Yay! Now works perfectly

Edited by krazykozak

• 1 month later...
vidkun

Having just done a clean install with this skin, I noticed that the "Mode" section where you enable Media Browser mode is hidden away in the Advanced level settings. Is that something that can be changed to be visible in the regular default level settings, or even better, to be enabled by default? 

If I'm downloading your theme from the XBMB3C repo, chances are it's because I want to use it with damn MBS and not just as a skin for regular XBMC. Just a suggestion.

xnappo

Yep - I am changing this in the next version. I will make it on by default.

Also - while I have you attention :)  A lot of the Poster artwork kinda looks like crud(if you look carefully) because Coverart gets stretched and chopped in all sorts of weird ways. 

I have made it look a lot prettier - particularly in TriPanel and Shift views.

Please let me know:

1. Do most people use CoverArt?

2. What are the most important views to you, and do you see ugly stretching/cropping in them?

Thanks!

xnappo

vidkun

Also - while I have you attention :)  A lot of the Poster artwork kinda looks like crud(if you look carefully) because Coverart gets stretched and chopped in all sorts of weird ways. 

Please let me know:

2. What are the most important views to you, and do you see ugly stretching/cropping in them?

Thanks!

xnappo

1. CoverArt being the plugin that puts the fancy glossy covers, etc overtop the artwork? If so, I used to back when I used MBC many moons ago. However, I haven't used it in years. I tend to like the regular artwork as it comes.

2. I've been forced to move away from Episode view so I've begun using Shift as my default for both Movies and TV Shows top level listings. I have been trying to settle on something for the season and episode listings within TV Shows. Haven't made a decision yet, but I have been using Low List for both of those most frequently. So those would be my two main choices: Shift and Low List. (Speaking of which, an easy way of setting default views for each level would be awesome! ;) )

That said, TriPanel seems to be the default view and I do see that most of the images/artwork in that view do show up stretched and ugly.

EDIT: Just wanted to add my thanks to the entire MB team. You have successfully allowed me to piss away my entire day browsing the forums instead of actually working today. 

Edited by vidkun
  • Like 1

xnappo

:D (on your last EDIT)

(1) Okay - I guess I am going to have to see if I can find something that looks good either way

(2) Thanks for your input.  There is already a default view setting, though in a bit of an odd place admittedly - go into the Video->AddOns->XBMB3C, then scroll down the folder list to 'Set Views'.

xnappo

vidkun

Well I'll be.... There sure is. Aside from being buried in some unintuitive location (as opposed to something like in the skin settings pages), that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

xnappo

@ @@im85288 - any way we can jump to here from the settings page somehow?  I know we could from the skin settings, but from the XBMB3C settings would be nice.

xnappo

vidkun

@ @@im85288 - any way we can jump to here from the settings page somehow?  I know we could from the skin settings, but from the XBMB3C settings would be nice.

xnappo

Wouldn't the skin settings area be the most logical place for it, though? Sure it might technically be changing something XBMB3C related, but from the user's experience/viewpoint they are changing how their skin looks.

xnappo

Yeah - I guess you are right.  Since it only works with modified skins anyway, maybe that is the way to go. 

Plus - I think I know how to do it from the skin settings area :)

xnappo

jasonmcroy

Please let me know:

Thanks!

xnappo

Just to add in to answer your question #1 - I use the CoverArt plugin. I still see the trouble with the left edge getting cut off in some of my views. It doesn't do it in all of them.

-Jason

xnappo

@@jasonmcroy - how attached are you to it?  We are adding a feature to turn off CoverArt in the settings, and I am leaning toward making Aeon Nox's aspect ratios match standard poster sizes rather than the DVD case ratio.  The DVD case isn't even the default anymore - it is now this:

metrocaseseason6.png

Which is close to the standard ratio.  It is pretty much impossible to make Nox adapt to all the possibilities.

Thanks,

xnappo

jasonmcroy

Ok. I guess you mean just in Nox or do you mean in XBMB3C in general?

I can just use another theme. The CoverArt plugin is the biggest thing that drew me to Media Browser in the first place. I always liked the look versus just a plain poster image. But it seems I may bein the minority on that.

I will try it with just the posters for a bit too just to see what I think.

-Jason

• Like 1

xnappo

Well it is only a problem in a few Nox views.  The switch to use or not use 'CoverArt' will be an option on all skins, I am just saying there is a problem in general as CoverArt changes the aspect ratio.

I like ClearCase too... If we can narrow it down to just 'no coverart' or 'clear case' I think I am willing to put in the code to handle both of those.  

xnappo

jasonmcroy

True. It ssems to show up cut off in shift and coverflow that I have noticed.

I did turn off the Coverart plugin just to test it out with the posters only. In some of the views there is a little "glass" looking border that I think actually looks pretty good.

-Jason

jasonmcroy

One more question. I cannot find the setting to disable discart in certain views. Do you know where it is?

-Jason

• 2 weeks later...
xnappo

I *think* I pushed a new version to the repo (first time pushing to this repo).

Changes:

- XBMB3C mode is the default now

- Tweaks to Widgets, Shift and TriPanel to make it look better when CoverArt is used

- Fix for new XBMB3C cast code

- Added 'Set Views' link to skin settings menu

- Fixed some broken Widget2 stuff

DaSilva

OK this is going to sound VERY weird ...

I am a long time user of MediaBrowser and I looooove it veeeeery much!!!!

I have a dedicated server and my main HTPC is running MBC.

I also have a small test HTPC wich I intend to test XBMB3C on after the yearly holiday.

The test HTPC is the one I take with the family on holiday so the kids can watch their movies (and my wife and I can watch some series late at night :))

When I go on holiday I install for ease of use OpenElec (no Windows involved ...), the picture quality is way less than my main HTPC with LAV an MadVR but we are on holiday so we don't care ;)

Now comes the weird question ... The skin I use on XBMC OpenElec is Aeon Nox 5 together with Shaefurr's Disparity backgrounds ...

Now I would like to change the default white selection colour in the main menu to blue (to match Disparity).

Ex. TVSHOWS is unselected grey and when selected it is white, I would like to change that to blue.

I don't have any skinning expierence so after poking around the skin I went to XBMC forums to ask the question to how-to ... BUT XBMC forums are not very newbie friendly it seems (another reminder to how I love MB and it's community).

Sooo I was thinking ... since there are soo many genius skinners in the XBMB3 forum, why not drop the question here ;)

I've seen in the screenshots on the first page that the selection colour has been changed to blue so it looks like it is possible :)

Thanks in advance great people :D

Grtz, Jim

vidkun

Just FYI, the latest release of this skin breaks on the the OpenElec Helix builds. Previous release was running on them just fine (minus some menus and things in the settings not lining up properly), but after installing the latest version of this skin it kicks you back over to the default Confluence. Trying to re-enable this skin gives an error about "Skin is missing some files". 

Tried it on the last two most recent Helix builds from OpenElec. Same results.

xnappo

Yeah, the repo was broken.

Please go into addons/packages and delete the zip file.  Then download again.

Sorry!

xnappo

xnappo

By the way, with the latest Nox you can turn off metadata for 'People' and 'Overview' in the XBMB3C settings. These are now loaded real time. This will speed up directory loads.

xnappo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
dark_slayer

By the way, with the latest Nox you can turn off metadata for 'People' and 'Overview' in the XBMB3C settings. These are now loaded real time. This will speed up directory loads.

xnappo

<control type="textbox">
                            <left>1260</left>
                            <top>260</top>
                            <width>570</width>
                            <height>338</height>
                            <label>$VAR[InfoWallTextboxVar]</label>
                            <font>Font_Reg30_2</font>
                            <textcolor>white6</textcolor>
                            <autoscroll delay="8000" time="AutoScrollTime" repeat="8000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
							<visible>!Container.Content(Albums)</visible>

Hey xnappo,

I've been trying to add the plot back into the "Info Wall" view in nox. I looked into your edits thus far

It appears the global plot override in variables.xml doesn't come into play for the "InfoWall" view. The particular viewtype is labeled "Viewtype_AddonWall.xml" and the code snippet above is the area that I believe (though I'm not entirely sure) is being used for the plot. Here is the code snippet for the InfoWallTextboxVar from "Variables.xml"

<variable name="InfoWallTextboxVar">
        <value condition="skin.hassetting(backendmode) + SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets/,left)">$INFO[Window(home).Property(Set.Movies.ExtendedPlot)]</value>
        <value condition="System.HasAddon(script.metadata.actors) + [Container.Content(actors) | Container.Content(directors)]">$INFO[Window.Property(current.actor.biography)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(addons)">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Addon.Description)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(albums) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Album_Description))">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Album_Description)]</value>
        <value condition="skin.hassetting(backendmode) + Container.Content(albums)">$INFO[Window(home).Property(Album.Songs.Tracklist)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(albums)">$LOCALIZE[414]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(artists) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Artist_Description))">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Artist_Description)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(artists)">$LOCALIZE[547]</value>
        <value condition="[Window.IsActive(musiclibrary) + Container.Content()] | Container.Content(files) | Container.Content(songs) | Window.IsActive(pictures)">$INFO[ListItem.Comment]</value>
        <value condition="!Skin.HasSetting(preferplot) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.PlotOutline)">$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot)">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>

I've tried quite a few variations on modifying the Skin.HasSetting(preferplot) + !IsEmpty line to include $INFO[Window(Home).Property(MB3.Plot)] but none of them seem to work (none of the seem to break anything either :) )