Emby for Kodi is awesome, but there's one issue that continues to plague the user experience in my opinion.
If you don't turn off auto-updates, when you boot up Kodi you're immediately met with two competing processes:
1. Add-ons that auto-update upon boot,
2. Database sync between Emby & Kodi.
If you decide to process library updates from Emby for Kodi's overlay, the sync may cancel when your add-ons get simultaneously updated (ie. Embuary rebuilds the menu). To resolve, you either have to reboot Kodi or reboot Emby for Kodi in add-on settings to re-initiate sync.
Here's a couple random ideas to improve this:
1. An IFTTT solution, where Emby for Kodi checks if auto-updates are turned on, then waits until that process completes before attempting to process Emby library updates.
2. A simple 45 second delay before the sync options overlay, which may be enough for majority of auto-update tasks to process prior to sync.
3. Lower the opacity of the overlay screen, so users can see auto-updates complete in the background before pressing the green "yes" button to sync library updates.
I'm not sure how many run into this problem, but it feels like an unnecessary annoyance whenever I boot up Kodi, especially with so many frequent updates.
Hope this was useful as Emby for Kodi heads towards a stable release!