Can a 'Mixed' Library include MP3?

kevinw

I think I must be missing something obvious but I've no idea what it is.

I have a folder containing MP3 and MP4 files. I've set up a mixed library and added this folder to it. I can see all the MP4 files in the client (Windows and FTV) but none of the MP3s.

Shouldn't they be visible as well?

Thanks.

Kevin

Blimey that was a quick response!  Thank you.

Your response implies it's not possible to have both video and audio files in one folder, is that correct?

I've just put another folder in there containing only Audio files but Emby is still not showing them.

I've added a couple of JPGs showing what's in the folder and what Emby shows me.

[slightly later] then I set up another mixed library that only contained the Audio folder. Same result and no change when I set up another library with Music as the type.

I assume Emby doesn't like the files for some reason.

Kevin

post-403722-0-98955000-1547404383_thumb.jpg

post-403722-0-82328200-1547404391_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevinw

• 10 months later...
ebirman77

Hi Kevin. Were you able to solve this? I am facing the same issue with some mp3 files. They only were recognized after configuring the media library type as audio. Mixed Content type looks similar to Video & Pictures Home Folder. It seems neither support audio.

Edited by ebirman77

skidmarks

Pretty sure its not an adopted practice.  But putting each file type (separate audio from video files) in its own folder and adding it to one mixed content folder is certainly doable.

I made an assumption a while back that you can just put whatever you want in the same mixed content folder and that was it.  It wont do that.

I have found a work around, that works for me and what i was trying to accomplish, using mixed content folders.

But all i wanted was a way to display items without including them in the main libraries.

Edited by skidmarks

Yes you can but they will just be organized like video files. In other words, no artist/album features. For best results I would use the dedicated music content type.

• Like 1