#1 laurent92 OFFLINE  

laurent92

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 03:25 PM

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

Hi,

Wishing you a happy new year full of happiness and nice new features in Emby !

I’ve just upgraded to emby 4.0. Here are some comments and some bug reports.

After upgrading, I also added many flac and m3u files. Library update took a while…. and remained stuck at 95%. After restart and library scan completion, playlists disappeared…

Thus, I made several tests and noticed some strange behavior/bugs.

Let me firstly describe how I organize my files

My Music library gathers 3 folders: MP3, FLAC and Playlists (m3u)

M3u Playlists use full path. Each playlist is named following typical rules (Artist – Album.m3u) and is associated with its cover (Artist – Album.jpg).

Now, here are my findings: 

1. 1/        When deleting playlists in the folder, they are not deleted from the library. They remain in the browser and an error message is triggered when trying to play these Playlists (no ressource)
  2. -       It seems as if one corrupted m3u playlist in the folder can impair import of all other playlists.
  3. -       When creating the library with music files and playlists, playlists were created/imported, but were empty. They remain empty even after rescanning the library. To solve this issue, the library should be created with only the music files. Playlist folder should be added only after completion of the library scan. This is also true when adding new files. Add first the new music files in the folder and perform a library scan. When completed, copy the new Playlist in the folder and rescan the library. 
  4. -       After modification of an associated cover (without changing the name of the file), the playlist picture is not updated after a library scan. It’s still possible to manually change the picture and pick the new one in the playlist folder, but this will result in the jpg being deleted from the Playlist folder. Don’t know if it’s a bug or is related to some parameters.
  5. -       In the browser, within the Music item, the new banner is nice, with the Album, Artiste, Playlist, Title, Genre and Folder items. There are however some minor problems: the alphabetPicker on the right is only available in the Album view. It would be nice to have the picker also in other view such as artiste, title and Playlist. Filtering/Sorting option would also be interesting in the Playlist view. The Picker is also only available when sorting by Name. In the folder view, sorting by Folder seems not be working (sorted by Name instead) and the picker is only available when sorting by Name.
  6. -       In the browser, within the Playlist item, sorting seems not be working properly. The alphabetPicker does not work properly: only one/few letter, when lists are sorted by ascending name. Otherwise, no picker available.

I finally made a clean re-install and created my library as describe above. Seems to work fine now in terms of speed and Playlist import. Increased responsiveness, covers are loading faster in the browser. No trouble to stream to my TV etc... This new version is really promising !  Let see if you can solve the browser issues.

Regards.

Laurent

Attached Files

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156950 posts
  • Local time: 09:25 AM

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

There currently is no alphabet picker for playlists.

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156950 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

Playlist images update periodically. Best thing to do is just be patient and they will rotate in their own.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156950 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:03 PM

For #1 and #2, yes they are deleted. Please see how to report a problem:
https://emby.media/c...view=getnewpost
Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Browser, Playlist, Import, sorting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users