External player no longer starts

d00zah

d00zah

I've needed all the changes up to .314b... stable was way broken a long time ago.

Edited by d00zah

d00zah

FWIW I was just trying forward the v4 effort WRT EMC (the ONLY client I'm interested in), but it seems much will change, as I feared,  & I have no way back to what ~worked the way I liked it. REALLY not trying to be a dick.

jachin99

To help clarify, there is an option in EMC to play local trailers in the background when no theme video exists. I think that's what he is talking about. Has anyone confirmed extender transcoding still works.

d00zah

To help clarify, there is an option in EMC to play local trailers in the background when no theme video exists. I think that's what he is talking about. Has anyone confirmed extender transcoding still works.

Repeat, I have NEVER had local trailers. Trailers were playing, so they must have been from the internet. A fluke, perhaps, but that's how it worked (for me) running .315b / v3.5.2. If so & not expected in the current versions, fair cop... I just meant I regret updating.

Edited by d00zah

jachin99

Thats wierd that web trailers played in the background.  I have been on local trailers for EMC since web trailers quit working in cinema mode.  If its helpful I'll grab the newest beta, and see if my local trailers play.  I'm on .315 with server4.0.0.1 beta and all seems well.  I'll look at it also.  

Edited by jachin99

jachin99

I  just thought of this, many of the plugins were revamped with new versions of Emby Server.  @@Luke is the trailers plugin required for playback of web trailers in EMC? 

@@d00zah Have you tried investigating this any or am I behind the curve?

d00zah

@@d00zah Have you tried investigating this any or am I behind the curve?

Since I have no way of backing up to EMC v3..0.315b, where things work as I describe, I'm unclear what I could investigate. I see no trailer 'button'  in EMC movie detail view anymore, for any of the combos I've mentioned, even when web trailers played in the background.

I have always always had the Trailers plugin installed on my server.

Edited by d00zah

d00zah

I can pull a local trailer out of its folder, and see if that makes a difference.  Should I or are you done with it.

Me? If you're still on Server v3.5.x (.2 for my testing), sure. Please give it a go.

d00zah

Yes you but I'm on a newer server version so nevermind. 

No worries  thanks. Can't go back to .315b, anyways, so a confirmation would have just been a tease. :)