External player no longer starts

d00zah

d00zah

Pretty sure this was working after installing EMC v3.0.315b w/ server v3.5.2, but discovered this evening, after starting to test server v4.0.0.1b, that MPC-BE no longer starts from EMC.

Re-checked the configurator, which looked OK.

Anyone else use an external player successfully with these versions?

d00zah

Same as it has been for years & never had this issue

post-10374-0-09113600-1547395601_thumb.jpg

Let me know if you need to see more of the video format selections.

Edited by d00zah

d00zah

Is that necessary? I have been on v3.0.314b since it was released & this has worked since I originally set up MediaBrowser.

Is that necessary? I have been on v3.0.314b since it was released & this has worked since I originally set up MediaBrowser.

What about a stable server since that appears to be the change that triggered whatever is going on here?  Do you have one of those you can try?

d00zah

What about a stable server since that appears to be the change that triggered whatever is going on here?  Do you have one of those you can try?

How will that affect the database/metadata. Luke is typically pretty adamant about NOT going back from a beta build?

d00zah

I've just created a 2nd instance of my server (Emby-Server.v3.5.2) from a backup created before loading the beta.

2 things...

- trailers once again play in background on EMC movie detail screen. I THOUGHT this had changed, but wasn't certain. Something else broken in the beta.

- MPC-BE once again launches as an external player.

Since a bunch of new content was added to the beta server, I'm going to let the dust settle on the server & produce some clean logs.

embyserver.txt

MBClassic-131201930a08e1bbb234495adf75e917ac30eec.log

Edited by d00zah

d00zah

Have a chance to look at provided logs?

Try beta .316.

It should work for your example.  The one thing I know it won't work for now is determining different external players for DVD vs BD.  EMC cannot tell the difference between those right now so assumes they are all DVDs.

d00zah

Try beta .316.

It should work for your example.  The one thing I know it won't work for now is determining different external players for DVD vs BD.  EMC cannot tell the difference between those right now so assumes they are all DVDs.

Thanks, ebr! I'm in the process of  rebuilding my database for my 3.x server instance & plan to install stable 4.x w/ a fresh database, as well. I will report back when the dust settles. FWIW, I only have .mkv/.mp4 formats in my library these days. .iso/folder support seemed to be on the decline.

Edited by d00zah

d00zah

They don't.

- in .315b / v3.5.2, trailers play in the background on EMC movie detail screen, but no trailer button exists.

see logs from:   https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/67834-external-player-no-longer-starts/&do=findComment&comment=677921

was going to grab a screen shot, but...

- In .316b / v3.5.2, trailers no longer play in background on EMC movie detail screen, & no trailer button exists.

embyserver.txt

MBClassic-1612019beddac30dcfc41bbb6371de0d5668d6c.log

- In .316b / v4.0.0.2, trailers no longer play in background on EMC movie detail screen, & no trailer button exists.

embyserver.txt

MBClassic-16120193db800de22aa47a9b760e394e7e023c1.log

Edited by d00zah

d00zah

This item has local trailers defined?

No local trailers, ever. I'm guessing it was internet trailers (2) playing.

d00zah

Hmmm.... but I've never had local trailers & with .315b / v3.5.2 they played? Was just noting the difference. Why? Who knows?

As I can't back up to .315b (can I? I'd like to.), I guess it's moot.

Edited by d00zah

You could install the release version of EMC because I haven't promoted this one yet.  But other stuff may break...