Offline syncing on an Nvidia Shield?

kjac3585

kjac3585

I have installed the Emby app and the Emby for Kodi plugin and cannot find any options to sync files, is this correct? I have the Emby app installed on my android phone and I see the "Download" button there, but nothing on the Shield.

kjac3585

Hi, the TV apps do not have this right now, although it's possible for the future, thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply. Where would I have found this information though? I bought a Shield and an Emby subscription almost exclusively to use it for offline syncing with Emby and I don't remember seeing this limitation written anywhere. 

Thanks for the quick reply. Where would I have found this information though? I bought a Shield and an Emby subscription almost exclusively to use it for offline syncing with Emby and I don't remember seeing this limitation written anywhere. 

Hi.  The feature listed here mentions "smart phones and tablets" as this is a mobile device feature right now.

Also our Feature Matrix shows which apps support this.

Thanks.

Well, that's sounds promising for the futher.

It would be a really nice feature especially when one is away from home, downloading it before and enjoying it afterwards.

An alternative would be downloading it to ones phone and stream it to the FTVS, would this even be possible?

An alternative would be downloading it to ones phone and stream it to the FTVS, would this even be possible?

it's something we plan to look at in the future. thanks.

• Like 1