DLNA not always showing

Ninko

hi there i have a similar problem with ps4 dlna subsystem

Hi, what platform are you running emby server on?

SlartyFartBlast

I had a lot of issues with DLNA on my LAN. Sometimes it would work flawlessly so it has been disappointing when it is flaky with using the Play On functionality from android, theater or the HTML interfaces. Flaky as in the main render device would not reliably show up as an option. 

• ROUTER/GATEWAY- ASUS
  • EMBYSRV-Ubuntu 18
  • PIONEER AMP
  • Various android/ windows EMBY and VLC apps, and kodi clients (LibreElec, coreelec)

I have a firewall on EMBYSRV with UDP 1900-1901 and a rule for the mdns Service (UDP:5353). I also had added a separate port rule for UDP:5353 by mistaken spam.

I still had issues, particularly when I was trying to show off this functionality to friends, but looking at the firewall log on EMBYSRV there were a lot of entries like below for both 51029 and 3911.

FINAL_REJECT: IN=enp0s25 OUT= snip SRC=ROUTER/GATEWAY DST=EMBYSRV LEN=417 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=1900 DPT=51029 LEN=397 

So a lot of traffic from the default gateway to the EMBY server. I did not check to see from where on the gateway.

I added in allow rules for both UDP ports and so far I am back to all devices showing flawlessy in all devices with the "Play On" option. Looks good so far

Edit also: 3911

post-411137-0-39758000-1556327799_thumb.png

Edited by SlartyFartBlast