Changes made to Emby-theatre recent version Vapoursynth

jscoys

jscoys

Hello guys,

With the last version from a Emby-Theater I lost the support for svp (smooth video project).

The guy on the forum suggested me that maybe you updated Emby and it now uses "default" mpv w/o vaporsynth support. https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=71168#p71168

Did you change something on that part? Thx 4 you help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I've never tested this before, I really have no idea what is causing this. I don't even really know how you're accomplishing this in the first place.

• Like 1

jscoys

Well it’s time for me to change my tv to get the 60 or 120 process done by the tv directly...

Guest asrequested

I don't even know why you want to use svp. My playback at 59-60 Hz is very smooth. And if you want smoother, enable interpolation or oversample. 

jscoys

Unfortunately my tv is too old and even if I put 60fps it plays 30fps movies on a 60fps display, because I don’t have the smooth algorithm in the tv...

So svp is doing the job to convert the 30fps to 60fps so it fit well with the 60fps display.

I wonder if it's just due to updating the mpv executable? The code for the video player hasn't actually changed a whole lot.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

I wonder if it's just due to updating the mpv executable? The code for the video player hasn't actually changed a whole lot.

I can't find any mention of changing vapoursynth. If the last release didn't include the dependency, it should just be an oversight.

You could try replacing mpv with shinchiro's build. He includes the dll in the folder.

• Like 1

jscoys

Well did you changed something related to a Emby-pipe or vapour related? Just restored the system.old and it’s working well... so I guess there’s something in the last update.

jscoys

Rhhaaaaa it’s was that thx Luke! Svp needs the HW acceleration to “none” to work properly. Thx guys it’s working great now!

Guest asrequested

Unfortunately my tv is too old and even if I put 60fps it plays 30fps movies on a 60fps display, because I don’t have the smooth algorithm in the tv...

So svp is doing the job to convert the 30fps to 60fps so it fit well with the 60fps display.

Just curious about this. Your TV doesn't need to do anything. mpv does it all.

jscoys

Yeah I know you’re right it’s planned ;-) I target a 4K 75 inches soon with the 120fps auto smooth thing integrated... because yeah my cpu is suffering a lot today ;-)

jscoys

Svp is a little bit better than MPV for that, and closer to the algorithm we can find in today’s TV chips. So yeah I tested but definitely I prefer the svp thing.

But thx man for the advice.

Guest asrequested

Yeah, I've read all of that, and have posted it for others to read. But svp just isn't needed for most people. I have very smooth playback without interpolation. You just need better hardware. And it seems that many people go the other way, and use refresh rate switching to watch at the same frame rate as the video.

Guest asrequested

And you appear to like the motion smoothing that a lot displays have, now. My old TV has that, my new TV doesn't. I disabled it on the old one.

jscoys

Yeah I know I’m the only one on earth to love the soap opera effect. At the same time people are not used to see it at home but they were so excited to see the Hobbit with HFR at theatre... just weird. Anyway my eyes are now bleeding when I switch back to 30fps, especially with sky recorded scenes or car races in movies, I can’t go back. But hey it’s my opinion and everyone can deactivate it on their tv so... everyone’s happy [emoji2]

• 3 weeks later...
jscoys

@@jscoys, could you tell me how you set it up? I've tried following the directions from SVP time after time and I can't get it to work.

Hello! My issue was the fact that ET was going to “auto” for the acceleration option in video settings. Putting this option to “none” and SVP came back!

christhes

I mean the whole configuration - SVP has never worked for me with Emby, and I don't know why. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, so how do you have it set up?