Nvidia Shield and Metadata

Pain

I have Emby on my Nividia Shield and working very well. I am having a problem with the naming of Heartland. This is how I have always named it on Plex Heartland (2007) (CA).. Emby fails to add metadata.. Any tips on how to name this Canada TV show?

Not all of the data is being pulled I guess you would say.. Everything else works just not that one show. I have always named it the same. Heartland (2007) (CA)

Emby is only picking up the last recorded show for Heartland only. There is a season folder full and the next season 12 folder with only one episode so far. And that last episode is the only thing Emby sees. So for that one episode 12 Emby is pulling the text but no images that I see and not adding anything for the other season 11..

Folder structure -

--- TV Shows

----- Heartland (2007) (CA)

------- Season 11

------- Season 12

I ask because it's searching MovieDb for a movie called Heartland, which makes me wonder if you set this up as a movie library.

• 5 weeks later...
NorthDegree

i created a TV library but no metadata is showing for any of the Tv shows I added.  I can confirm that i set the library to tv shows.  i tried identify but there are no search results showing up.

any help would be appreciated.

NorthDegree

Hi there @@NorthDegree, can you please go over an example? Thanks !

thank you for quick reply.

for example, i added Tv show "good life" to my library but there is no metadata showing up.  do you need more info then that?

What is the folder structure for the good life show? how is your TV library setup in emby library setup? What metadata is not showing up? Thanks.

NorthDegree

my structure was TV shows/Good Life/ then GoodlifeS01E01 and all metadata was working perfectly.  Then I had the a sign in issue (invalid user id / password) so I deleted my data and cache for the server so I setup my library again and the result was what I brought up yesterday.  

Today I am having connection issues when I open the emby server and have invalid user /password for the emby app.  When it worked it was great and I have no issues trying to problem solve but my experience overall has been mediocre at best.  Not sure what to do at this point.

UPDATE - have not given up, turned off server then turned back on and all my metadata appeared, still have the invalid user id issue when starting the app and selecting current user.  for this problem is it possible my trial ended ?

Edited by NorthDegree

NorthDegree

does not work if i choose forgot password.

before that i had it working for 5 minutes.  then i exited program, tried another show and invalid user reared its ugly head again.  i tried turning off the server and turning on again bug now it crashes when i try to turn on again. 1 step forward 2 steps back for me.

NorthDegree

I installed the recent server, right now its looking better.  

log in is good.  playback is good.  only problem now is metadata.  i am missing all.   i know my directory setup is good because it has been all there sometimes.

what is the best way to correct this?

thanks again for your help.