Emby Theater - no sound

zsoltsuhajda

Godfather67

Hi there, how have you configured your sound settings in the app? Can you please go over an example? thanks !

Here is the settings from Win10 app:

5c443ff08402a_Emby_Win10.jpg

And here is movie example:

5c4440f71eb3e_007_Emby.jpg

Stat:

5c4441de22d01_007_DD51.jpg

zsoltsuhajda

We are still talking about xbox issues, what to configure in windows sound settings? This is a 2 page long conversation where Godfather67 and me described our settings 2 times, and there is no solution. Should we write down again?

Godfather67

He also mentioned windows so that is why I asked.

Yes i mentioned Windows too, but my main platform is Emby Theater on Xbox One S.  No sound on it at various movies if i choose Dolby Digital audio track. There should be a problem with Emby Theater Dolby decoding, because if I play movies via Web interface, using Chrome on Win10, i get sound for both audio track. Android and IOS clients works perfectly too, as I mentioned earlier.

Edited by Godfather67

blumamba

Right, but windows audio needs be configured. And if you have the video open in the browser at the same time, it will stop the app accessing the audio device. So I was was trying to create a baseline. Close all apps, make sure your audio device is configured and then play only in the Emby app. And I suggest using the desktop app, not the store app.

on the pc you have to use the theater app and NOT the store app as you stated.  

Check your audio output settings on the pc and make sure they are set to 2.0 or you will have issues.

After you confirm the audio is on the pc set to 2.0 install the client app and set the audio as needed.

Hope that helps.

Godfather67

on the pc you have to use the theater app and NOT the store app as you stated.  

Check your audio output settings on the pc and make sure they are set to 2.0 or you will have issues.

After you confirm the audio is on the pc set to 2.0 install the client app and set the audio as needed.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your answer, but it won't solve the original issue on Xbox One. I just quoted the store app on Win10, because the problem can be reproduced with that, as it is exists on Xbox One!   

Edited by Godfather67

I vaguely recall this reported from another xbox user a while ago and after investigation they found that they had somehow muted the volume of the emby app and they were able to correct it in xbox system settings. That may or may not be your issue but mentioning it just in case.

Godfather67

I vaguely recall this reported from another xbox user a while ago and after investigation they found that they had somehow muted the volume of the emby app and they were able to correct it in xbox system settings. That may or may not be your issue but mentioning it just in case.

Negative, I have audio when i choose the English DTS audio track on the sampled movie, and no sound, when i switched to Hungarian DD 5.1. 

• 2 weeks later...
zsoltsuhajda

Xbox hdmi jbl bar 3.1 hdmi arc panasonic viera 

Xbox audio setup:

HDMI audio: Bitstream out

Optical audio: off

Bitstream format: Dolby digital 5.1

zsoltsuhajda

We are in an infinite loop with these questions. I don't have audio problems at all, except Emby Theater app. And this is the 4th time I wrote this down here.

• Like 1