Emby Theater - no sound

zsoltsuhajda

zsoltsuhajda

Hi,

I'm looking for help with Emby Theater.

I have no sound in the app, I've tried several different scenarios without luck.

No matter if I use the stable server release or fresh installed beta, I have no sound through Emby Theater, tried both Windows & Xbox version.

Directly with web view and on Android client, I have sound.

I have tested with H.264, AC3 5.1 mkvs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest asrequested

That's the store app. Have you tried the desktop app? But that you're getting no sound there, either, I'd say that something is tying up your audio device, or default audio device isn't configured correctly.

zsoltsuhajda

Through the browser, I have sound for the same movie, on my phone, I have sound. On XBOX emby app, I have no sound, and to go further, I have sound on XBOX plex app too for the same movie. 

Guest asrequested

Right, but windows audio needs be configured. And if you have the video open in the browser at the same time, it will stop the app accessing the audio device. So I was was trying to create a baseline. Close all apps, make sure your audio device is configured and then play only in the Emby app. And I suggest using the desktop app, not the store app.

zsoltsuhajda

Ok, so just to clarify, my main player is Xbox, where I have no sound, I have tried to test on pc with the windows store emby theater app. I have audio everywhere except Xbox & Windows emby theater app. My sound settings have no problem.

zsoltsuhajda

Xbox connected to a JBL soundbar, in the xbox settings, bitstream out, dolby digital. Now I've tried to switch the movie audio to dts, and I had sound. So I assuming I have problem with AC3 5.1 in Emby.

Guest asrequested

It maybe the audio bitrate. Some audio devices don't support 640. Find an AC3 audio with 384, and try that. Are you using optical?

zsoltsuhajda

AC3 640, no sound, DTS 1510 have sound, so the higher bitrate cannot be the problem. Plex plays just fine all my movies (AC3 & DTS), I just bought premiere and want to make a switch for other reasons. It is not my device or setting in my opinion. Anyway, thanks for your help.

zsoltsuhajda

I have tried your suggestion. I had sound with lower bitrate, but, now I've tried Ember today, and all my movies plays fine (direct play) with sound.

Guest asrequested

Would you please explain what mpv means?

Sorry. mpv is a media player that supports just about everything, and has the same/more capabilities than the server has, when it comes to media support and/or transcoding. It's the player that the windows desktop app, uses. There are plans to eventually use it in the store app. And I was just saying that when that happens, all of these issues will disappear.

zsoltsuhajda

Thanks for all of your info & help. So right now, there is no easy solution for my sound problem, but later, this feature will be implemented in the store player, as I understand.

Guest asrequested

Thanks for all of your info & help. So right now, there is no easy solution for my sound problem, but later, this feature will be implemented in the store player, as I understand.

Maybe once server 4.0 is released, there'll be enough development time for the devs to work on it. mpv is being rolled into more and more apps. I do a lot of testing with it.  So it'll happen, it's just a matter of time.

Godfather67

I've facing the same problem! No sound in Emby Theater either XBOX One S, neither Windows desktop app at several mkvs (Emby Server 4.0.0.2 on Synology 918+, Emby Theater 1.1.242). Default language is Hungarian and sound works in Chrome on Windows 10 and in iPad Pro Emby appl (Hungarian and English too).  

I've facing the same problem! No sound in Emby Theater either XBOX One S, neither Windows desktop app at several mkvs (Emby Server 4.0.0.2 on Synology 918+, Emby Theater 1.1.242). Default language is Hungarian and sound works in Chrome on Windows 10 and in iPad Pro Emby appl (Hungarian and English too).  

Hi there, how have you configured your sound settings in the app? Can you please go over an example? thanks !

zsoltsuhajda

Where I have audio:

-XBOX: Ember, Kodi with emby plugin, Plex

-Windows: Ember, Kodi with emby plugin, Plex

Where I don't:

-XBOX: Emby theater xbox store

-Windows: Emby theater windows store

The no audio happens with with DD5.1, DTS works well everywhere.

Today I made a re-test with latest beta server, different mkvs, DD5.1 640kbps worked, DD5.1 448kbps no audio, DD5.1 384kbps worked. I have no idea, the encoding is the same, except the bitrate.