Continues collection play

Ctniners

Ctniners

Hi Guys - I am new as you can tell. (I hope this is the correct forum for this question)

I am new to Emby (Love it by the way) and I am playing around creating Collections etc, I have a quick question....I made a Marvel Collection and since there are a bunch of movies I wanted to place each movie in an specific order...Is there a way to do this on the Collection Folder?..this way we can just play the next one in order etc....otherwise I will need to rename them and put a number in front of the name so we know which is 1, 2,3 etc in the chronological time of Marvel Universe.

Thanks.

Edited by Ctniners

Ctniners

Please delete, I believe the best way is to add the latest movie first and work my way backwards so the very first movie in the order will be the last one to add

Ctniners

Nevermind....tried doing the above with the Star Wars collection and it put them in the order of release not in the order I added them.

PenkethBoy

Try a playlist instead

or add sort titles and change the collection display order to sortname in its metadata

Ctniners

Ok sorry for adding but I am not able to delete the above entries....So changing the release date in the movies put them in order, however, this changes the info date to an older date. for example I had to ser SOLO to a date of 1976...and for a big collection like Marvel it would mean changing a lot of dates so they can go in the order they are meant to be not by release date....I which there was a way to just drag a movie from one spot and drop in another spot within the collection, just like moving icons on a desktop...any input is appreciated..thanks 

Ctniners

Try a playlist instead

or add sort titles and change the collection display order to sortname in its metadata

how do I sort titles in the collection display?....thanks