Syncing progress when watching offline

chrispykreme
Go to solution Solved by Spaceboy,

chrispykreme

So the scenario is as follows.

I login to my server, find a movie and sync it to my iPad, so far so good.

I then watch 30 minutes on my iPad and pause it (Emby has access to both wifi and 4G)

When I open Emby on my PC, it doesn't show me 'watching' the movie and if I find it in the library it doesn't show progress.

Shouldn't the progress be updated e.g. when I watch on my Nvidia Shield it shows up I am watching and the progress.

Is there a setting I have missed?

• Solution
Spaceboy

If you were watching streamed from your server then yes, playback is reported. The download option is intended for offline viewing so it doesn’t report playback to the server

• Like 1

chrispykreme

If you were watching streamed from your server then yes, playback is reported. The download option is intended for offline viewing so it doesn’t report playback to the server

Thanks for that; having come from Plex like many I didn't realise that the iPad doesn't dial back. Obviously 'played' is taken care of by my Trackt so it does at least make things played on the main server.

Downloaded videos do not report progress to the server in real time but it does get synced back to the server later during the sync process.

• 1 month later...

Downloaded videos do not report progress to the server in real time but it does get synced back to the server later during the sync process.

Bumping. What do you mean exactly Luke ?

Anyway to force sync progress to offline items aswell when the app is "online" ?

It will sync the next time iOS runs the background sync process that we have registered with the device. So yes there could be some delay, and there are ways we can look at improving this in the future. Thanks.