Live TV will not play on Emby server on WD PR2100

jkmonk0823

jkmonk0823

I reinstalled Emby on my WD PR2100 with the latest beta version (3.6.0.84) after trying to find the Emby Guide data for live tv.  Prior to installing the beta version, I still could not get any channel to play.  I am using an HDHomeRun tuner with the premium tv package.  I also have an m3u tuner.  I set up the guide providers and refreshed the guide data.  I am still now able to view any channel.  All I get is the endless spinning wheel.

One other fact that may be important is I just added a second router behind a Uverse router.  All my devices are now connected to the second router and everything seems to be working fine.  Plex also runs on the PR2100 and it has no problem playing live tv.

I have attached the full server log.  I cannot figure out why Emby refuses to play live tv.

embyserverlog.txt

Hi, it looks like this example is from iptv, no? Can you provide an HD Homerun example as well? Thanks.

jkmonk0823

OK.  I turned off Plex in the NAS and deleted the IPTV channels.  After the guide data reloaded, I tried to play one of my OTA channels.  All I get is the spinning wheel.  I have attached the latest full server log.  I have also attached the hardware detection log and the unhandled log.

I turned Plex back on and it has no problem playing live tv.

Another interesting note for you to consider.  When I deleted the m3u tuner, I noticed that the guide provider name is listed as Unknown.

embyhardwaredetection.txt

embyserverlog0110.txt

embyunhandled.txt

jkmonk0823

This model was not available until January 1, 2018.  It is DLNA compatible and it worked fine on the last public version of Emby I had installed on the NAS. 

I just noticed that I am now on version 4 beta on the Windows 10 machine and it seems to be working fine although it is a little bit sluggish.

jkmonk0823

I reinstalled the public version 3.5.3.0 on my PR2100, and live television works like a charm.  Is there a bug in the beta version?

OK.  I turned off Plex in the NAS and deleted the IPTV channels.  After the guide data reloaded, I tried to play one of my OTA channels.  All I get is the spinning wheel.  I have attached the latest full server log.  I have also attached the hardware detection log and the unhandled log.

I turned Plex back on and it has no problem playing live tv.

Another interesting note for you to consider.  When I deleted the m3u tuner, I noticed that the guide provider name is listed as Unknown.

Does the browser debug console show any errors?

jkmonk0823

Well, I just reloaded the beta version and live tv is working.  I also reset my router with different firmware.  That could have been the culprit -- I guess we will never know.