LG app is found, but won't install

Tomppa

Hi,

I have a LG 65UK6950PLB running 04.10.30 (webOS 4.1.0-5709 goldilocks-glacier). Location is Finland, Europe.

I can see the Emby app (and screenplay) in LG Content Store. But neither one will install on my TV.

I just get "Application has not been installed. Try again" error.

I tried switching the TV language from Finnish to English but that didn't help.

Any suggestions? All possible help is welcome.

Hi Luke,

Yes, I am able to install other apps. I tried several ones, and they install just fine. For example Plex, XPlay and XorVod were all installed today. But the Emby app just won't install, no matter what.

As far as I can tell. The TV doesn't find anything newer. It was updated appx. a month ago.

<EDIT> I even tried again a minute ago, and it still won't install.

Edited by Tomppa

CBers

@@CBers are you able to install?

I already have v1.0.9 installed (dated 9th August 2018), but there isn't an update.

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled without any issues.

I tried unplugging the TV to see if that would make a difference. It didn't, still the same problem.

Additional information: the app in Content Store is 1.0.9 (3rd of August 2018)

kwilcox

Interesting that both Emby and Screenplay are affected.  Usually that points to a resolution problem but your TV looks compliant.

I don't recall what it supports, but it's 4K,so I assume that everything downwards is supported.

Then again, assumption is the mother of all f*@#ups...

The problem still continues. I even tried changing location to UK and language to English, still the same.

Any suggestions on how to proceed debugging the issue? Are there any logs that can be accessed?

This is the LG install process. Unfortunately it's out of our control. All we can really do is open up a support ticket with LG and see what they say.

The only other thing I can think of is that if you're behind a VPN, try turning that off.

No VPN. A Linux firewall, but since other apps can be installed, I don't think that's the problem either. I can give it a go without the firewall, though.

When you say " All we can really do is open up a support ticket with LG", do you literally mean that you guys open the ticket or do you mean that I should open a ticket? Just to be clear.

I'm not sure who the best person is to open up a support ticket. They may want to get information from you. I can try opening one. 

No need. I unplugged the ethernet cable and connected through mobile hotspot. And it worked!

Can't understand why other apps installed, but not these two?

Anyway, it works now, thanks for your help.