Live TV not completely working (HDHomeRun, Xml TV, zap2xml)

LifeofAF
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

LifeofAF

Hello, new to Emby from Plex. I have only been using Emby for a week or so. @@cayars brought me over to the better side. I think he might have started a revolution and more folks might be coming over. He forced my hand (due to the benefits, functionality, and support) and I purchased a lifetime subscription. So far this platform has been amazing!

Maybe it is something I am not understanding/doing, but I can’t get Live TV to run correctly. I have Verizon Fios TV and internet at home, using a HDHomeRun PRIME with a cable card to record shows on my NAS. Added my HDHomeRun PRIME as my Tuner Device. All the Channels show up. In Live TV >> Guide, the channel numbers and names display but not the icons or any of the shows/content by time (3:00 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:00 pm, etc). In Live TV >> Channels, all the channels display and run when I press play. In Live TV, Programs and Recordings do not display anything.

For TV Guide Data Providers, I choose Xml TV. Downloaded the software and set it up in the following directory path: “C:\xmltv-0.5.70-win32\xmltv.exe.” When I select “…” >> Map Channels, no channels are displayed. Downloaded zap2xml to use XMLTV files but not sure how to point emby server to map it.

I am not using any of the Live TV plugins available in the catalog.

Thank you in advance for any guidance!

• Like 1

Hi. If you are in the US or UK I think your best bet here is going to be to use the new version of the server that should be released very soon and our internal guide data.

If you want to get started right away, you can install the beta.

Thanks!

• Solution

I was using xml option with zap2it myself until Emby added GraceNote (in 4.0 beta).

This is SO SO SO SO MUCH better.  :)

With Zap2it you won't always get nice cover art for programs.  You typically won't get proper icons.  The data usually just isn't in the feed.

With the Gracenote data you will get nearly perfect images and the image servers are FAST.

Do yourself a favor and download the 4.0 beta and install it.  It's super close to release anyway and has been tested very well.

Then remove your current EPG provider and set it back up using the internal provider which is GraceNote.

Feel free to hit me up privately if you have any issues and need a hand.  I can always teamview in for assistance if needed.

PS I've been getting a lot of people switched over.  It really is "Greener" on the other side.  LOL

• Like 1

kanipek

Hello, new to Emby from Plex. I have only been using Emby for a week or so. @@cayars brought me over to the better side. I think he might have started a revolution and more folks might be coming over. He forced my hand (due to the benefits, functionality, and support) and I purchased a lifetime subscription. So far this platform has been amazing!

Maybe it is something I am not understanding/doing, but I can’t get Live TV to run correctly. I have Verizon Fios TV and internet at home, using a HDHomeRun PRIME with a cable card to record shows on my NAS. Added my HDHomeRun PRIME as my Tuner Device. All the Channels show up. In Live TV >> Guide, the channel numbers and names display but not the icons or any of the shows/content by time (3:00 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:00 pm, etc). In Live TV >> Channels, all the channels display and run when I press play. In Live TV, Programs and Recordings do not display anything.

I am not using any of the Live TV plugins available in the catalog.

Thank you in advance for any guidance!

So you have watchable LiveTV, but no channel logos/program info is being displayed in the EPG and you can't map anything because there aren't any channels to select from.

Can you attach the XMLTV file so I can take a look? (you may have to zip it if it is huge like mine) - The file I am looking for is an .xml or .xmltv file (output from the XMLTV scraper you are using).

What zipcode and provider are you using?

"For TV Guide Data Providers, I choose Xml TV. Downloaded the software and set it up in the following directory path: “C:\xmltv-0.5.70-win32\xmltv.exe.” When I select “…” >> Map Channels, no channels are displayed. Downloaded zap2xml to use XMLTV files but not sure how to point emby server to map it." ---You would point Emby to the XMLTV file by adding a TV guide data provider and choosing "XMLTV" as the guide source and pointing to the XMLTV file.

Having said all that @@ebr's comment is a valid one - if (unlike me) you don't have or need to use XMLTV the Emby Guide data is available now in beta and shortly in release.

LifeofAF

Hi. If you are in the US or UK I think your best bet here is going to be to use the new version of the server that should be released very soon and our internal guide data.

If you want to get started right away, you can install the beta.

Thanks!

Ebr, thank you for the heads up. I think I can wait. When do you believe the next version will be released, ball park date?

LifeofAF

I was using xml option with zap2it myself until Emby added GraceNote (in 4.0 beta).

This is SO SO SO SO MUCH better.  :)

With Zap2it you won't always get nice cover art for programs.  You typically won't get proper icons.  The data usually just isn't in the feed.

With the Gracenote data you will get nearly perfect images and the image servers are FAST.

Do yourself a favor and download the 4.0 beta and install it.  It's super close to release anyway and has been tested very well.

Then remove your current EPG provider and set it back up using the internal provider which is GraceNote.

Feel free to hit me up privately if you have any issues and need a hand.  I can always teamview in for assistance if needed.

PS I've been getting a lot of people switched over.  It really is "Greener" on the other side.  LOL

Cayars, I will download the 4.0 beta version and reinstall my EPG provider again. Thanks for making me a believer in Emby, appreciate the guidance over the years!

So you have watchable LiveTV, but no channel logos/program info is being displayed in the EPG and you can't map anything because there aren't any channels to select from.

Can you attach the XMLTV file so I can take a look? (you may have to zip it if it is huge like mine) - The file I am looking for is an .xml or .xmltv file (output from the XMLTV scraper you are using).

What zipcode and provider are you using?

"For TV Guide Data Providers, I choose Xml TV. Downloaded the software and set it up in the following directory path: “C:\xmltv-0.5.70-win32\xmltv.exe.” When I select “…” >> Map Channels, no channels are displayed. Downloaded zap2xml to use XMLTV files but not sure how to point emby server to map it." ---You would point Emby to the XMLTV file by adding a TV guide data provider and choosing "XMLTV" as the guide source and pointing to the XMLTV file.

Having said all that @@ebr's comment is a valid one - if (unlike me) you don't have or need to use XMLTV the Emby Guide data is available now in beta and shortly in release.

Kanipek, not sure where I can find the XMLTV files. Thanks for the assistance. I am going to download the beta version and see how this goes. I will post my feedback.

• Like 2

Cayars, I will download the 4.0 beta version and reinstall my EPG provider again. Thanks for making me a believer in Emby, appreciate the guidance over the years!

We had a lot of fun together on the other platform over the years but the future is here.

Emby is nearly everything we always wanted the other platform to be, but never properly delivered on.

I'm super excited to see so many old friends making the switch and continuing to enjoy the same things as me!