LG Tv App

rsilv

SamES

I´m sorry but maybe i made a mistake in my previous post. Both tv´s are not in the same place that the computer where  i have the movies. It is a diferent network. The Tv´s are both in the same network and the computer where i have the movies is in a diferente network

With reference to this comment, when you say the computer is on another network, is that other network still local to you, or is it going over the internet (ie: to a friends house)?

With reference to this comment, when you say the computer is on another network, is that other network still local to you, or is it going over the internet (ie: to a friends house)?

It is going over the internet

SamES

OK, I think that could be the problem.  DirectPlay in that scenario is probably challenging due to speed, latency, etc.

If you ping the ip address of the remote emby server, what time does it report?

What is the actual speed of the internet link both at your location and the location of the server?

SamES

Is that the actual speed if you do a speed test, or is that just the connection speed?

What about ping time to the server?

SamES

I think your best option will be to manually set the quality during playback to a slightly lower speed so as to make sure that it starts transcoding the playback.

I'm not sure why you are having buffering issues on the connection but for some reason it's not keeping up with DirectPlay.

For your movie Colette, could you please provide the MediaInfo output?

You can find it at the bottom of the detail screen of the web app. Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

Ok. Thank you @@SamES

Video Title720p H264
CodecH264
AVCYes
ProfileHigh
Level41
Resolution1280x536
Aspect ratio2.40:1
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.976
Bitrate6,981 kbps
Bit depth8 bit
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames1
NAL4
Audio TitleEng DTS 5.1 Default
Languageeng
CodecDTS
ProfileDTS
Layout5.1
Channels6 ch
Bitrate1,536 kbps
Sample rate48,000 Hz
DefaultYes
Subtitle TitleUnd
CodecSRT
DefaultNo
ForcedNo
ExternalYes
Containermkv
PathM:\My videos 6\Colette.2018.720p.BluRay.x264-DRONES[EtHD]\Colette.2018.720p.BluRay.x264-DRONES[EtHD].mkv
Size5595 MB

SamES

Can you please try and set the quality during playback to '720p - 3Mbps' and confirm it plays correctly, then start working up the speed through 4 ,5, 6, 8 then 10Mbps and let me know if there is a speed where it stops playing correctly?  Thanks

Ceten

Is there a changelog for the latest app version? I've been waiting for a blog post before installing the update as it mostly works now except for having to disable all transcoding options to make sure the TV direct plays my UHD HDR files.
If I allow transcoding Emby starts transcoding instead of direct playing most files. Would be great if the update solved this!

Is there a changelog for the latest app version? I've been waiting for a blog post before installing the update as it mostly works now except for having to disable all transcoding options to make sure the TV direct plays my UHD HDR files.

If I allow transcoding Emby starts transcoding instead of direct playing most files. Would be great if the update solved this!

Can we look at an example? thanks.

shrouski

Under Settings > Playback, make sure everything is set to 4K - 120 Mbps. Mine were not by default for Home Network which was forcing a transcode.

As a suggestion to the devs, while 4K - 120 Mbps covers everything at the moment, it would be nice if there was just an "Original Format" option we could choose.

For the record, 120 Mbps would only be possible via WiFi. The Ethernet ports on pretty much all TV's are 100Mbps.

Ceten

Can we look at an example? thanks.

Sure, I'll try to do some testing during the weekend.

Under Settings > Playback, make sure everything is set to 4K - 120 Mbps. Mine were not by default for Home Network which was forcing a transcode.

As a suggestion to the devs, while 4K - 120 Mbps covers everything at the moment, it would be nice if there was just an "Original Format" option we could choose.

For the record, 120 Mbps would only be possible via WiFi. The Ethernet ports on pretty much all TV's are 100Mbps.

Thanks, I'll try that. I think the setting is on Auto right now because I assumed that would mean original quality as my local network is more than fast enough.

My tv is indeed connected over WiFi because of the 100Mbps ethernet port.

• 3 months later...

Emby for LG 1.0.16 has been released. Stay tuned to our blog for the announcement. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.35 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.