LG Tv App

rsilv

Can you please tell me if the emby app is fully compatible with LG TV model 43UK6470PLC? I have two models os LG TV at home. With one of them the App works ok , the media plays ok, with the one i mentioned the media doesn´t play ok. Thank You

It is opnly possible to look at an example if i send you a movie i did of the TV playing a movie, but the file is too big (329Mb) to send you. But what happens is that the movie plays for some seconds, than stops playing for some seconds ( usually more time than the time it plays), then plays again,then stops again, and so on....

The file i send to you is not the movie itself. It is a movie i did with my mobile showing what happens when i tried to play the movie (itself) on the Tv

If you can send a link to the movie that would be better .  You can PM me a link.

I suspect it is either DirectStream or Transcoding during playback,

Can you confirm your server version as well as if it is transcoding or Direct Playing/Direct Streaming.  Thanks

The version of the server is 3.5.3.0

I only can send you the link to the movie in about 10 days, because right now i´m not near the computer where i have the movie

I don´t know how to confirm if the server is transcoding or direct playing/direct Streaming. Can you help me.

I would like to remind you my first post. Maybe it helps. So it was as follows:

"Can you please tell me if the emby app is fully compatible with LG TV model 43UK6470PLC? I have two models os LG TV at home. With one of them the App works ok , the media plays ok, with the one i mentioned the media doesn´t play ok. Thank You"

As far as I can tell it should be compatible.

When you're playing you can check the server dashboard and it should tell you if it is DirectPlaying, DirectStreaming or Transcoding.  You can also attach the server log and any ffmpeg logs from the time of playback as per this link how to report a media playback issue

If the content is being converted/transcoded (due to incompatible subtitle formats, bitrate limits, etc) then there can be an issue on your server version where too much data is being transcoded at once and it overloads the disk.  This causes pausing during playback.  This issue should be resolved in the next server version. if that is the case

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

I think i discover  why i can play the movie ok in one TV an not in another. In one of the TV the movie plays in "transcoding" mode and in another plays in "direct playing" mode. In this one the movie doesn´t play ok in the one that are playing in "transcoding" mode it plays ok.  As i told you before both are LG Smart TV. I attach a file with the print screen of the server page where you can see how it plays in each tv and the model of each one. Can you please tell me why is this happening? Is there any way to solve this matter forcing to play in "transcoding" mode or any other solution?

transcoding vs direct tv.rtf

Camilo arevalo

Lucas disculpa manito una pregunta

Puedo poner emby en mi tv web OS 4.01 ?

He visto que Android tiene un servidor diferente

Cuál es el de mi tv ?

As your request i send all the logs in a File

On the model that is transcoding, can you please check the Quality setting during playback?

During playback, select the settings/cog icon from the on screen display, then check the Quality setting.  Please confirm it is set to auto which is the very bottom selection.  Any other setting may cause transcoding.

The one that is transcoding seems to be limiting the bitrate.  I suspect it may be set to 720p - 3 Mbps.

Just to confirm, which one is playing correctly?  The transcoding one, or the DirectPlay?

Edited by SamES

Strange that DirectPlaying is causing a problem.  Is it on a wired or wireless network?

Is this the only file that has issues with DirectPlay (Colette) or are there others?