Emby Server (On Raspbian) Crashing

jonboyuk

jonboyuk

Hi all,

I'm totally new to Linux (and Emby)! I've managed to muddle my way through most of it, to the point where it does actually work (which is great). My setup is as follows:

Raspberry Pi 3B+ on the latest version of Raspbian.

I'm running the latest Emby server off this. I have attached a HDD (exFAT) with the movies on it.

My main client is an NVIDIA Shield for watching.

Basically if I leave the server running, (ie if I go to work and come home again) when I got to connect to the server, it always fails. A quick reboot of the Pi and everything works again. 

Any ideas? Thanks :)

Ok, within the next couple days we will have a new 4.0 release. Can you please try again with that? You can always try the beta channel now if you like. Thanks !

jonboyuk

I most certainly will. If you're about to release 4.0, I'll hold off on the beta for the meantime but will try it in the future if I still have issues with 4.0.

I was curious.  :lol: I've installed 3.0.6.84 to see if it helps! I'll let you know how it goes on here :) Thanks Luke.

Edited by wendzina

jonboyuk

Well no luck with the beta I'm afraid. I watched a movie last night on my LG TV (using the WebOS app) which worked great. Turned on the TV this morning to see if it was still working - and it was! Turned off the TV, tried my Android phone and suddenly it couldn't connect. Tried the TV again and that couldn't connect either. :-( I guess I'll try 4.0 when it's out for Debian! Just wanted to give you an update anyway.

jonboyuk

Well so far so good Luke! It's still operating after 24h (which has never happened before). I wonder if it was 4.0, or the DLNA changes that did it? Hmm :)