Playlist import in Qnap ARM 64

javiavid

javiavid

Hello, the playlist import in QNAP ARM64 do not work, they remain empty after spending many hours, in emby server windows 10 works correctly with the same folder.

The list appears but it is empty. I have tried several times to update the metadata.

javiavid

Hi Luke, in this link so you can review it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8uzwe65coe28csq/Favoritas%20MM.m3u?dl=1

I leave you also a sample:

\\192.168.1.41\backupnas\Multimedia\MUSICA\Chill-Lounge\A Man Called Adam\All My Favourite People (Stay with Me)\A Man Called Adam - Yachts.mp3
\\192.168.1.41\backupnas\Multimedia\MUSICA\Chill-Lounge\Achillea\The Nine Worlds\Achillea - The Seeress Prophecy (Daydreaming).mp3
\\192.168.1.41\backupnas\Multimedia\MUSICA\Chill-Lounge\Various Artists\Café del Mar- 25th Anniversary 1980-2005\DAB - The Call.mp3
\\192.168.1.41\backupnas\Multimedia\MUSICA\Chill-Lounge\Various Artists\Café del Mar 3\Pat Metheny - Sueño con México.mp3
\\192.168.1.41\backupnas\Multimedia\MUSICA\Chill-Lounge\Various Artists\Café del Mar 14\Elenah - Luz de hielo.mp3
\\192.168.1.41\backupnas\Multimedia\MUSICA\Chill-Lounge\Various Artists\HUVAFEN FUSHI MALDIVES - By Ravin  [2oo6]\DAVID LOWES DREAMCATCHER - Tree (Blazing Sun).mp3
\\192.168.1.41\backupnas\Multimedia\MUSICA\Chill-Lounge\Various Artists\zzchill hits\Dario G feat Vanessa Quinones - 04-Dario G feat Vanessa Quinones - Voices.mp3

Thanks

And how did you add your music library to emby library setup? can you show a screenshot of that? thanks.

javiavid

I have been doing several tests with different types of content for an m3u and I think the main problem is that in Windows the path are different, not only for folders (\ and /).

In the PC version the path are:
\\ 192.168.1.41 \ backupnas \ Multimedia \ MUSICA \ Dance \ Various Artists \ Seleccion recos \ Michael Jackson - Bad.mp3

And in the NAS:
/ share / CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA / BACKUPNAS / Multimedia / MUSICA / Dance / Various Artists / Seleccion recos / Michael Jackson - Bad.mp3

If I correctly replace the path it works correctly, although I have to have 2 playlist, one for each platform.
I have also seen that if the playlist is next to the files it is possible not to have the path, simply the name of the file and it works correctly.

Would it be possible for Emby to support having no path in the playlist and searching for the file in the database?

Where do you keep the playlists? The best solution of all would be to use relative paths in the playlist.

javiavid

The playlist are in root of Music, are compilations of several folders.

I tried the relative path and it worked fine, but the problem is that when using a path for the problem of \ and / it is not compatible with Windows and Linux platforms, I do not know how it works on Mac ..

We can probably make the slashes work on all platforms i would think. MacOS would use /.

If you were to use /, then we just need to make that work on Windows. I think we can we do that.

In fact I just tested / on Windows and the playlist worked in both Emby and Vlc. Not sure if it will work in windows media player though.