Error metadata music in Qnap version - Various Artists

javiavid

javiavid

Hi, I have a problem with the QNAP Arm64 version (aarch64), my NAS is a TS-328, Versión 3.6.0.84 beta.

Using the same folder with an emby server windows 10 the metadata is correct, but in the nas server there is an artist called "Artistes Divers" which includes many albums that do not have that artist. The albums that are included are those that the artist of the album "Various Artists" actually has.
It seems somewhat random. I have tried to reinstall emby from scratch and have also created the library several times.

In reality the artist "Artistes Divers" only has one album and "Various Artists" has 337 albums. I have tried in Emby server windows 10, Plex and Mediamonkey, this is all correct.

javiavid

Hi, the metadata is correct.

I have 2 Qnap NAS (intel and Realtek ARM64), In both I have similar problems.. not the same.

In windows always is correct.

On both NAS I have deleted emby and I have reinstalled it with version 4.

Emby Jencarlos Artist

Windows: Appears in 1 album

NAS: Album Artists of 7 albums

Actually this artist only has 1 file in the entire library.

File: Jencarlos + Don Omar - Dure dure.mp3

Title: Dure Dure

Artist: Jencarlos + Don Omar

Album: Billboard - Top 50 Latin Songs aug2017

Album Artist: Various Artists

---

Emby Fenix Album

Windows: Nicky Jam album artist

NAS: Zion y Lennox album artist

Actually Zion y Lennox only has 1 file and this file is not in this album.

File: Zion y Lennox feat. Nicky Jam - Mi tesoro.mp3

Title: Mi Tesoro

Artist: Zion y Lennox; Nicky Jam

Album: Billboard - Top 50 Latin Songs aug2017

Album Artist: Various Artists

I'm sure there will be many more examples, but this is what I'm finding.

Thanks

Edited by javiavid

What metadata is correct? Have you checked the information embedded inside the audio files? this is what Emby is using.

javiavid

Hi, Luke.

The metadata is correct in mp3, I try in another player as plex, mediamonkey and Emby Windows and this is all correct.

Sorry if I'm a little unclear on what you're expecting to see. All of these tracks have an album artist of Various Artists, right? That's what I see in both Emby and Windows explorer.

They all have different contributing artists, and what i see in Emby also matches up with what I see in windows explorer.

5c3edb15db3a1_Untitled.png

5c3edb2dc275b_Untitled.png

javiavid

Hi Luke, 

The error is that the album artists are various artists and in the NAS is like album artists Zion and Lennox, who is an artist who has nothing to do with this album.

5c3f1c3ab36d9_1.jpg

5c3f1c71e44ff_2.jpg

In the second case "Jencarlos", the problem is that many albums are attributed to him, when in reality he only has one song.

Thanks

javiavid

Hi,

Instead of Zion & Lenno (who does not appear on this album) should leave the album artist. In this case, Various Artists.
At least, it's how it works in the Windows version and how it works with other albums.
I'm wrong?

And in the case of Jencarlos, should only show that he appears on 1 album and not that is the album artist of several albums.

In zip file there are two jpgs with examples about this.

Thanks Luke

javiavid

Hello Luke,
Thanks for your interest, but I do not understand very well what you want to tell me.
Various Artists should be the artist's name on the album and it is not. In windows that problem does not occur, it happens in the version for Qnap, there are some metadata errors without any logical reason.
If you can review this version I would appreciate it.

javiavid

Hi Luke,

The problem with nicky jam is solved.
But the problem with Jencarlos continues.

Emby shows that he is the author of several albums, which is not true.
He is only the author of a single track.

If I refresh metadata in the artist nothing happens, if I refresh metadata in the album, that album disappears correctly.

The problem is that when I refresh the metadata of the entire library errors come back again.

javiavid

I just opened emby to check the error before copying it out of the library and the error is fixed. Emby does some automatic background job with the metadata?

javiavid

Hi, Luke.

I have updated to the latest version 4.1.0.2 and the error has returned.
I have removed the folders outside the library, I have updated the metadata and then I have put the folders back, the error is solved.
Although I have doubts that when update the next version error happens again and perhaps there are more errors.. If I go they detect more errors I am communicating it to you here.

I have removed the folders outside the library, I have updated the metadata and then I have put the folders back, the error is solved.

Right, this is exactly what i asked. It is resolved now. Thanks for the feedback.