transparent subtitle

densma

densma

Hi,

I am having an issue with some subtitle showing up in transparent instead of white. This is on Nvidia shield and running server version Version 3.6.0.84 beta.

Any ideas? this file looks okay on desktop VLC. i have many files with the same issue.

post-13727-0-74906400-1546976691_thumb.jpg

post-13727-0-77931200-1546976696_thumb.jpg

This is a problem with multi-layer graphic subtitles.  As always, text-based subs will have the best support.

• 3 weeks later...
jonomite

This is a problem with multi-layer graphic subtitles. As always, text-based subs will have the best support.

I am noticing this issue for the same subtitle format but in different files. On file works perfectly in the app, but the other doesn't. Could it possibly be an use in the app? I am using the Emby app on a fire stick.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I am noticing this issue for the same subtitle format but in different files. On file works perfectly in the app, but the other doesn't. Could it possibly be an use in the app? I am using the Emby app on a fire stick.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but one of the subs is probably not mult-layer. (there are different flavors of PGS subs).

jonomite

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but one of the subs is probably not mult-layer. (there are different flavors of PGS subs).

I see. What I meant was that PGS subs work perfectly sometimes but are transparent in others. Is there only solution to use a different sub format?

clarkss12

I just experienced this today. It worked the way it should all the same movie a couple weeks ago when I watched it. I thought that was a setting that you guys changed. Actually it may be very beneficial.

• 4 weeks later...
K1ng_Lear

Hi, 

I think I am going to hijack the tread but I want to ask if you plan to support the styled variant of the ASS / SSA Subtitles, too? Also I wanted ask if you looking to get vobsub direct play and to implement the feature to change font size and color of the text based, srt, subs.

It would be really awesome if you will implement on or all of this features. 

Thx.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

any hope on this? Plex player is able to handle it. I thought emby uses the same player? i have tried using subtitle edit but not really good solution.

any hope on this? Plex player is able to handle it. I thought emby uses the same player? i have tried using subtitle edit but not really good solution.

Where are these items with multi-layer PGS subs coming from?  Just curious as I have none.

i have a lot of videos with PGS subtitle. some works and some dont like in the original attachement. it works well if i play the same video on plex.

maybe i can figure a way to share with you one sample.

Where are these items with multi-layer PGS subs coming from?  Just curious as I have none.

i have a lot of videos with PGS subtitle. some works and some dont like in the original attachement. it works well if i play the same video on plex.

maybe i can figure a way to share with you one sample.

Thanks we don't need a sample as we know what the issues is - they are multi-layer PGS subs.  I'm just wondering what type of content is using this type of subtitle.

Thanks.

bluray rip directly

Thanks we don't need a sample as we know what the issues is - they are multi-layer PGS subs.  I'm just wondering what type of content is using this type of subtitle.

Thanks.

Juan Simón

Another movie with same problem "Once Upon a Time ...in Hollywood".

Please, solve this asap. In this case the subtitles are almost invisible.

Hi.  I'm afraid we cannot solve this quickly but text-based subs should probably be available for that item.

Juan Simón

You should remember that this is a paid and closed source application (only your developers can modify the source code) so I think this issue is urgent enough for you to get your hands on.