Is my card capable of Open GL?

DrJekle

DrJekle

Question regarding if my video card is capable of the open glad option in theater. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and I use to be able to have the option checked and everything set to auto.

Now theater will not play anything. I just uninstalled and reinstalled theater and tried playback and everything works, but the minute ni select open GL it will not play anything. Even after restarting and unchecking open GL still no play back....

DrJekle

Select media (movie, live tv, recorded tv) hit play and circle pops up and just spins. Eventually times out.

I did finally uninstall and reinstall theater and selected playback of live tv. Worked, then I went into openGL settings, selected auto only and tried playback again, and nothing works.

Guest asrequested

Ok, replace the mpv app in Theater, with the one I'm attaching. Just unzip and overwrite to this location:

%AppData%\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\mpv

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Ok, so one more time, download the mpv I'm attaching. This time, unzip it to its own folder, anywhere you like. Double click the mpv.exe and drag 'n' drop a video onto it. Does it play?

Edited by Doofus

I was able to play a file by dragging and dropping it. Windows defender did pop up asking permission though when I first opened mpv

Guest asrequested

I was able to play a file by dragging and dropping it. Windows defender did pop up asking permission though when I first opened mpv

Ok, that's good. That means your gpu is fine. Ok, so try this. If you look where you unzipped that, you'll see a folder 'portable_config", in there is a file 'mpv.conf', open it. Delete the line 'gpu-api=opengl', and change 'hwdec=nvdec' to 'hwdec=d3d11va'. Then repeat the test. Does it play? (I just spotted an error I made in the original mpv.conf. I used a '-' not '=')

It should look like this

hwdec=d3d11va
profile=gpu-hq
Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

When I open it already has that in the file

But there was a character error. Try again with what I posted, to be sure.