Gamebrowser not giving play button on client side

S3v3nD34dly51ns

S3v3nD34dly51ns

I know this is a recurring topic on this forum, but I've been at this for days, been through all of the forum topics here as well as Googled everywhere else and still just not able to get the Gamebrowser plugin to function correctly. My main storage drive on my server is J:\   and my games are located in J:\Games. My Emulators are installed on my client PC on D:\ Emulators. I have rescanned my libraries as well as changed the xml between <gamesystem> and </game system> to read the full path  (instead of SegaGenesis, it's Sega Genesis) and still no resolve. It's still not get the 'Play' button to show up on any console or game that I add to my server.  On top of that no metadata is being pulled through either GDB or Emumovies, I have seen that GDB has changed their web heading so that's what's causing much of the ruckus, but that shouldn't affect the fact that it's not giving me an option to play should it?  Have been scratching my head for the past couple days wondering what it is I'm missing.

post-402189-0-85995300-1546887070_thumb.jpg

post-402189-0-81968300-1546887076_thumb.jpg

post-402189-0-58738700-1546887082_thumb.jpg

Edited by S3v3nD34dly51ns

I don't think a browser is ever going to be able to launch these (security reasons).  Have you tried in Theater Desktop?

Theater Desktop is what he's got there in his first screenshot. What version of Emby Server is this?

Ok, there a lot of improvements with the upcoming new release. Please try that once available. You will need to remove and re-setup your external players. Thanks.

S3v3nD34dly51ns

Any idea on when that will be available? Looking forward to new features, literally been a Plex user for the past 3 years and watched a youtube video on Emby sometime last week......so now here I am, more versatile and functional. =)

Great job guys, thanks!!

S3v3nD34dly51ns

SWEET!!  Be really nice to have a github beta release channel that you can opt in and test  *hint hint*  :D

if we have beta releases for your platform, the instructions can be found on the download page of our website. thanks.

S3v3nD34dly51ns

so got the new player 4.0.0.2 update, I removed and tried to re setup the external players but now getting something a little bizarre, now it's not giving a relevent gaming system to choose, instead when I click the drop down arrow it just goes to a blue screen that says 'Game System:". I've uninstalled Emby Theater (Win 10) and reinstalled and keeps replicating the issue.  

post-402189-0-86893800-1547589410_thumb.jpg

post-402189-0-65683900-1547589416_thumb.jpg

crazybbs

Hi @@Luke

the api is broken and doesn't give any windows games list 

5c4243800880d_Capture.jpg

I know you changed GameSystem name from Windows to PC and I modified everything in my plugin.

However the plug in is not able to populate windows game list because querying API now return 0 items

I checked the gamebrowser sourcecode and saw that you commented line with the condition to look for "Windows" that I would've just modified to "PC" but all the line is commented

public object Get(GetWindowsGames request)   {   _logger.Debug("GetWindowsGames request received");      

var windowsGames = _libraryManager.GetItemList(new InternalItemsQuery   {  

IncludeItemTypes = new[] { typeof(Game).Name },  

OrderBy = new[] { new ValueTuple<string, SortOrder>(ItemSortBy.SortName, SortOrder.Ascending) }   })  

//.Where(i => i is Game && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(((Game)i).GameSystem) && ((Game)i).GameSystem.Equals("Windows"))  

.ToList();  

Could you plz help me on this?

Thank you.

Edited by crazybbs

crazybbs

Because windows game need a game title based configuration and the current external player setup is only gamesystem based. My plug in is just the external player plug in modified to support windows game.  with this setup i was able to lauch any windows game and even youtube and other program so it's really important to me to get gamebrowser windows game list api fixed.

Can you help me plz plz plz

Edited by crazybbs

crazybbs

I fixed temporarily my problem compiling gamebrowser Plug in with your current query to the database.

It's returning all the games so I got thousands of games but I can still select the correct game.

My plug is back working for now and I can live with that for a few times.

I know you don't want to put too much effort in games support but if you can just point me to a wiki to know how the queries work on your new librarymanager classes, i could fix it Permanently.

We're not the main focus of Emby but we're still a lot of "paid" users who like game support and it would be really appreciate if we can have some little help.

Thank you,

Edited by crazybbs
  • Like 1

crazybbs

@@Luke

I took time to do some reverse engineering  digging in the methods and found solution so I pulled a request on github to update gamebrowser.

I'm not sure if it's the best way but I didn't find a direct method to query database by GameSystem.

It's now fully working and it would be nice if you could update it on catalog so everyone using my plug in can use it again.

Thank you,