Transferring 0%

chrispykreme

chrispykreme

Fairly new convert to Emby, moved everything over and turned off my plex auto renewal, I am well and truly sold.

Issue is around syncing to my iPad (2018 model with 12.1.1) using Emby for iOs version 1.7.1.

My emby server is running on a fitlet2 Linux Mint with server version 3.5.3.0 with Emby Premiere

Before christmas I was able to select a film and download it do my iPad either by choosing sync, or on the ipad choosing download, I always choose Original version so not coding and they play fine on my iPad.

I have tried deleting the iPad app and redownloading and then setting the sync again.

What happens now is after a short time it says "Ready to Transfer"... followed by 'Transferring 0%' where is just sits.

Does anybody know how to force the server or iPad to actually do the transfer. I can use Infuse to do the downloading but 1) I prefer the UI for Emby and 2) I need to be on the same network which defeats the object

Edited by chrispykreme

Spaceboy

Just wondering if there is an issue here as I also have had a series supposedly transferring to my iPhone for the last 3 weeks and seemingly no progress made. It has worked in the past

chrispykreme

Follow up: Just turned my iPad on and all the films I had set to sync are now there. It looks like it just took an age to download them. I am used to Infuse and the way that it shows you both the percentage download and also seems to download them really quickly.

Hi, this is a display issue. We need to improve the real-time status display of the download. Thanks.

chrispykreme

Hi, this is a display issue. We need to improve the real-time status display of the download. Thanks.

Thanks Luke, yes Infuse does this by showing a 0% in a circle then filling it up as it goes along, presumably it asks the file size and then calculates between 0% & 100%. Very importantly it doesn't show time; as this would be subject to constant change on a media such as wifi or 4G in my case.

Best wishes

Chris

• 3 months later...
grbharati

Are you working on this issue. New server update didn't have this fixed. In ios client it only displays  0%, I understand it is a display issue but it is very irritating as you don't know how much have been transferred. I always ended up cancelling the sync as I don't know how much I have to wait for it to finish the transfer. Please fix this.

chrispykreme

Yes we are looking into this, thanks.

Interesting I bought a chromebook last week so installed the Emby from the Google Play Store and the Download Manager shows the progress, but of course this is not Emby just standard Android

• 7 months later...

We are working on it. The same type of progress indicator we did for the background camera uploads we'll be adding for the download feature. thanks.

• Like 1

chrispykreme

Any updates on this? I’m still experiencing this problem.

Thanks

My original question was nearly a year ago, to be honest I went back to Plex, the sync is a lot more transparent as is deleting things from the iPad. It only removes them from the iPad not from your server.

Also I bought a Hauppauge WinTV and it only works with Plex under Linux.

• 3 weeks later...
casminkey

How does the download process work? Meaning, do I need to keep the app open? If I don't will it resume when I open it again?

At times things seem to download very quickly. Other times it seems like it's stuck on 0% for days. If I go into the item to edit it then save it, sometimes it kicks in but sometimes it seemingly does nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

How does the download process work? Meaning, do I need to keep the app open? If I don't will it resume when I open it again?

At times things seem to download very quickly. Other times it seems like it's stuck on 0% for days. If I go into the item to edit it then save it, sometimes it kicks in but sometimes it seemingly does nothing.

@@casminkey if you swipe close the app, then the OS will not trigger the background fetch, so I would not do that.

• 6 months later...
Tobi Uchiha 2

This is still an issue for me with the latest app.

I bought Premiere Lifetime mainly to support you guys and because I wanted/needed the ability to download content to playback offline.

I believe 'Offline media' is the main incentive for most people to purchase Premiere and considering this, I think this issue has not been getting the priority it deserves, as it has been opened over one and a half years ago.

Please fix this!

Edited by Tobi Uchiha 2

• 3 months later...

I’m having the same problem when downloading on iOS/iPadOS. Shows 0% transfer but eventually it downloads (I find it under downloads).

I’m also having a problem getting the subtitles to show up on dloaded movies (they show up fine when streaming from Emby server). I can tap the CC icon and choose a subtitle but they don’t show up.

Premiere lifetime.

19 hours ago, A32 said:

I’m having the same problem when downloading on iOS/iPadOS. Shows 0% transfer but eventually it downloads (I find it under downloads).

I’m also having a problem getting the subtitles to show up on dloaded movies (they show up fine when streaming from Emby server). I can tap the CC icon and choose a subtitle but they don’t show up.

Premiere lifetime.

Hi there, what format subtitles?

psychosb
11 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what format subtitles?

I can answer that, since I have the same problem.

.SRT subtitles.

I just bought the Emby Premiere so I can use the Offline Media function but on the IOS App the Subtitles does not work as it should.

The download is completed, I open the downloaded media on the App, I tap on the "CC" button, it shows the subtitle but it appears to not enable (since the CC icon does not change to the green color).

If I open the file from the Server (NAS) it shows the subtitle and the icon turns green. I made the same download and play test using an Android device anfd it works well too.

Just tested with and iPad Mini and it have the same problem of the iPhone.

Thanks!

1.png

Edited by psychosb

• 3 months later...
Jonathan1683

Are you guys still working on this ? it seems to terribly buggy just trying to get a couple of movies always results in movies not transferring i have to delete the app reinstall start over Even removing download doesn’t work the movie still stays incomplete at 0% . Seems like this function is not even out of beta? the progress never seems to display correctly other times it works perfectly i don’t get it. Even after i deleted the app i came back in and movies are showing there at 0% and for some reason it shows downloads that are on other devices ? can you guys put something like bandwidth usage server or client side so we know it’s doing something ? thank you 

32 minutes ago, Jonathan1683 said:

Are you guys still working on this ? it seems to terribly buggy just trying to get a couple of movies always results in movies not transferring i have to delete the app reinstall start over Even removing download doesn’t work the movie still stays incomplete at 0% . Seems like this function is not even out of beta? the progress never seems to display correctly other times it works perfectly i don’t get it. Even after i deleted the app i came back in and movies are showing there at 0% and for some reason it shows downloads that are on other devices ? can you guys put something like bandwidth usage server or client side so we know it’s doing something ? thank you 

If you go to the download settings screen, it will now say "downloading 1 of 4" at the top, along with a progress bar. If you don't see that, then it's not downloading yet. That could be because iOS hasn't started it yet, or perhaps it needs conversion on the server first.

Jonathan1683

updated my ipad to see if that would help, still not working. was at 10.7 % then went back to zero. It has numerous ways it doesn’t work. Can’t seem to get it to work at all on my newer ipad (6th gen) took me a few hours to finagle it on my kids old ipad but eventually it worked, doesn’t for mine. error log button also doesn’t work from my ipad. Time for bed, guess i won’t get to use it tomorrow and i probably won’t need that functionality after tomorrow. Oh and the app just crashed back to the springboard. 

edit: after the app crashed i went back in to look at downloads and it said 1 completed so not sure what is happening it said 0% the whole time crashed then it was complete, the other one just says ready to transfer now going to leave it overnight. 

Edited by Jonathan1683