• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chrispykreme OFFLINE  

chrispykreme

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 10:50 AM

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:37 AM

Fairly new convert to Emby, moved everything over and turned off my plex auto renewal, I am well and truly sold.

Issue is around syncing to my iPad (2018 model with 12.1.1) using Emby for iOs version 1.7.1.

My emby server is running on a fitlet2 Linux Mint with server version 3.5.3.0 with Emby Premiere

Before christmas I was able to select a film and download it do my iPad either by choosing sync, or on the ipad choosing download, I always choose Original version so not coding and they play fine on my iPad.

I have tried deleting the iPad app and redownloading and then setting the sync again.

What happens now is after a short time it says "Ready to Transfer"... followed by 'Transferring 0%' where is just sits.

Does anybody know how to force the server or iPad to actually do the transfer. I can use Infuse to do the downloading but 1) I prefer the UI for Emby and 2) I need to be on the same network which defeats the object

Edited by chrispykreme, 07 January 2019 - 05:41 AM.

#2 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3870 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:21 AM

Just wondering if there is an issue here as I also have had a series supposedly transferring to my iPhone for the last 3 weeks and seemingly no progress made. It has worked in the past

#3 chrispykreme OFFLINE  

chrispykreme

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:20 AM

Follow up: Just turned my iPad on and all the films I had set to sync are now there. It looks like it just took an age to download them. I am used to Infuse and the way that it shows you both the percentage download and also seems to download them really quickly.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 136138 posts
  • Local time: 05:50 AM

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

Hi, this is a display issue. We need to improve the real-time status display of the download. Thanks.

#5 chrispykreme OFFLINE  

chrispykreme

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

Hi, this is a display issue. We need to improve the real-time status display of the download. Thanks.

Thanks Luke, yes Infuse does this by showing a 0% in a circle then filling it up as it goes along, presumably it asks the file size and then calculates between 0% & 100%. Very importantly it doesn't show time; as this would be subject to constant change on a media such as wifi or 4G in my case.

Best wishes

Chris

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 136138 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for the info !

#7 grbharati OFFLINE  

grbharati

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 03:50 AM

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:29 PM

Are you working on this issue. New server update didn't have this fixed. In ios client it only displays  0%, I understand it is a display issue but it is very irritating as you don't know how much have been transferred. I always ended up cancelling the sync as I don't know how much I have to wait for it to finish the transfer. Please fix this.

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 136138 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 02:21 PM

Yes we are looking into this, thanks.

#9 chrispykreme OFFLINE  

chrispykreme

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:00 PM

Yes we are looking into this, thanks.

Interesting I bought a chromebook last week so installed the Emby from the Google Play Store and the Download Manager shows the progress, but of course this is not Emby just standard Android

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iOs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users