• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 chrispykreme OFFLINE  

chrispykreme

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 10:34 AM

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:37 AM

Fairly new convert to Emby, moved everything over and turned off my plex auto renewal, I am well and truly sold.

Issue is around syncing to my iPad (2018 model with 12.1.1) using Emby for iOs version 1.7.1.

My emby server is running on a fitlet2 Linux Mint with server version 3.5.3.0 with Emby Premiere

Before christmas I was able to select a film and download it do my iPad either by choosing sync, or on the ipad choosing download, I always choose Original version so not coding and they play fine on my iPad.

I have tried deleting the iPad app and redownloading and then setting the sync again.

What happens now is after a short time it says "Ready to Transfer"... followed by 'Transferring 0%' where is just sits.

Does anybody know how to force the server or iPad to actually do the transfer. I can use Infuse to do the downloading but 1) I prefer the UI for Emby and 2) I need to be on the same network which defeats the object

Edited by chrispykreme, 07 January 2019 - 05:41 AM.

#2 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4556 posts
  • Local time: 11:34 AM

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:21 AM

Just wondering if there is an issue here as I also have had a series supposedly transferring to my iPhone for the last 3 weeks and seemingly no progress made. It has worked in the past

#3 chrispykreme OFFLINE  

chrispykreme

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:20 AM

Follow up: Just turned my iPad on and all the films I had set to sync are now there. It looks like it just took an age to download them. I am used to Infuse and the way that it shows you both the percentage download and also seems to download them really quickly.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152804 posts
  • Local time: 06:34 AM

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

Hi, this is a display issue. We need to improve the real-time status display of the download. Thanks.

#5 chrispykreme OFFLINE  

chrispykreme

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

Hi, this is a display issue. We need to improve the real-time status display of the download. Thanks.

Thanks Luke, yes Infuse does this by showing a 0% in a circle then filling it up as it goes along, presumably it asks the file size and then calculates between 0% & 100%. Very importantly it doesn't show time; as this would be subject to constant change on a media such as wifi or 4G in my case.

Best wishes

Chris

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152804 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for the info !

#7 grbharati OFFLINE  

grbharati

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 04:34 AM

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:29 PM

Are you working on this issue. New server update didn't have this fixed. In ios client it only displays  0%, I understand it is a display issue but it is very irritating as you don't know how much have been transferred. I always ended up cancelling the sync as I don't know how much I have to wait for it to finish the transfer. Please fix this.

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152804 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 02:21 PM

Yes we are looking into this, thanks.

#9 chrispykreme OFFLINE  

chrispykreme

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:00 PM

Yes we are looking into this, thanks.

Interesting I bought a chromebook last week so installed the Emby from the Google Play Store and the Download Manager shows the progress, but of course this is not Emby just standard Android

#10 orbitnz OFFLINE  

orbitnz

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 11:34 AM

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:13 PM

Any updates on this? I’m still experiencing this problem.

Thanks

#11 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152804 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:14 PM

We are working on it. The same type of progress indicator we did for the background camera uploads we'll be adding for the download feature. thanks.

• neik likes this

#12 chrispykreme OFFLINE  

chrispykreme

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:31 PM

Any updates on this? I’m still experiencing this problem.

Thanks

My original question was nearly a year ago, to be honest I went back to Plex, the sync is a lot more transparent as is deleting things from the iPad. It only removes them from the iPad not from your server.

Also I bought a Hauppauge WinTV and it only works with Plex under Linux.

#13 casminkey OFFLINE  

casminkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Local time: 05:34 AM

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:24 PM

How does the download process work? Meaning, do I need to keep the app open? If I don't will it resume when I open it again?

At times things seem to download very quickly. Other times it seems like it's stuck on 0% for days. If I go into the item to edit it then save it, sometimes it kicks in but sometimes it seemingly does nothing.

#14 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152804 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:14 AM

How does the download process work? Meaning, do I need to keep the app open? If I don't will it resume when I open it again?

At times things seem to download very quickly. Other times it seems like it's stuck on 0% for days. If I go into the item to edit it then save it, sometimes it kicks in but sometimes it seemingly does nothing.

@casminkey if you swipe close the app, then the OS will not trigger the background fetch, so I would not do that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iOs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users