Live and recorded TV is has problems with pixelation on roku

westmichigansc

westmichigansc

We hooked a Roku up to one of our TV's after Christmas.  We have had a (Sharp 55) Roku TV in our main room and it seems to work fine.  This second one is running a roku streaming stick.  Netflix and Amazon Prime video work fine.  Watching from our Emby movie library work fine too.  But when watching live or recorded tv from emby, the video is very pixely and freezes.  The audio is fine and never stops.  Every now and then it will stop and say 'Loading' and it never comes back on.  It works fine on the other roku tv that is running emby.

Could this be a network bandwidth issue or something with the computer that is transcoding?  It doesn't make sense.  Let me know if I can provide any more background about the setup.

westmichigansc

I set debugging to ON in the roku app.  But I don't see the button to send the log to you.  I will go to the server in the basement and look up the log from there.

In the mean time I think I improved the situation some.  I set the video to 720p 6Mbps.  It was set to Automatic.  This helped big time.  I tried 5Mbps and it was buffering more.  I thought it would buffer less if I set to lower Mbps..

westmichigansc

I exited emby and started the roku app again and I saw the send log.  Let me know if you get it.  It seems to be ok now but I would like to know if you get the log and are able to use it.

I exited emby and started the roku app again and I saw the send log.  Let me know if you get it.  It seems to be ok now but I would like to know if you get the log and are able to use it.

...use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time