Having A Hard Drive Issue (Non-Emby Related)

Oracle

Oracle

Did a benchmark test and it spit this back out:

The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD will yield far faster boot times, better system responsiveness and faster application load times.

How can I switch my boot partition from my HDD to SSD? 

Recently reinstalled Windows on this machine (HP Omen 17 Laptop), and erased all partitions from the previous machine to install Windows. Although, Disk Manager still shows the 119GB SSD as an Unallocated Partition.

While not 100% my priority, I am wanting to see if this fixes my ongoing issue. Currently, I am experiencing my HDD making a electro-grinding noise, almost as if you were at the end of a milkshake or cup of soda (you know that sound?).

I've done every diagnostic I can think of. Who knows, man?

PS: This is not the machine I run Emby off of, nor is this thread Emby-related. Just clusterfucked here.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the result of all diagnostics is that the drives are healthy.

Edited by Arly (Sprinkles)

Armageus

Remove the HDD and reinstall windows with only the SSD connected.

Either that or use a disk cloning tool like Macrium reflect to clone your windows install onto the ssd

• Like 1

Oracle

If your drives are making audible noises, that's bad. 

Oh, definitely. Not concerned if the HDD is failing, as everything is backed up two times over. I just want to find the cause for it.

Worst case, I just swap another drive in and reinstall Windows. No biggie.

Remove the HDD and reinstall windows with only the SSD connected.

Either that or use a disk cloning tool like Macrium reflect to clone your windows install onto the ssd

I'll play around with this. Thanks, mate.

Edited by Arly (Sprinkles)