can next up be removed

MisterAngelus

MisterAngelus

in Emby on Roku

you select the library of your choosing  in my case TV  then you hit shows to shows to show the entire library

then you select the show you want and you click into it

then you presented with Plex next up play all shuffle etc

below that it says next up

below that it says season ... which ever seasons you have in emby my case season 4

My question  -  is it possible to remove the next up  and go directly to season 4 after clicking

Pretty much remove the part in the square in the attachment

I know Emby has a lot of customization but can I remove that

post-260050-0-04403900-1546738274_thumb.png

Edited by MisterAngelus

We don't currently have any settings for that, although it's possible for the future. Thanks.

• 4 years later...
JustSittingHere

Good morning,

I've just installed Emby and love it.  Definitely the best of 4 media servers I'll been using or recently testing.

I have to second the OPs request/concern.  Please let us turn off Next Up on Roku (or any connected device).  It's very annoying.

Thanks.

Jim

Gilgamesh_48
40 minutes ago, JustSittingHere said:

Good morning,

I've just installed Emby and love it.  Definitely the best of 4 media servers I'll been using or recently testing.

I have to second the OPs request/concern.  Please let us turn off Next Up on Roku (or any connected device).  It's very annoying.

Thanks.

Jim

Quite a while ago Emby added the ability to customize the home screen. It is in "settings" under the "home" button on the server. There you can add, remove and/or reorder the "Home screen" rows any way you want.

There may also be a way in settings on the Roku app but I think on most apps the "home screen" controls have been moved to the server.

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

Quite a while ago Emby added the ability to customize the home screen. It is in "settings" under the "home" button on the server. There you can add, remove and/or reorder the "Home screen" rows any way you want.

Topic is about Next Up row in Series view, not Home Screen. There ain't no setting for that in any client app, though it has been removed by design from several of them, Roku will likely (unfortunately) follow at some point (though personally I prefer having same row and was considerably irked when it was removed from Web app, and based on traction this topic got in 3 4 years (practically none), I'd guess I ain't the only one). 

Edited by GrimReaper
Actually 4 now; Man, I'm getting old :/

Gilgamesh_48
2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Topic is about Next Up row in Series view, not Home Screen. There ain't no setting for that in any client app, though it has been removed by design from several of them, Roku will likely (unfortunately) follow at some point (though personally I prefer having same row and was considerably irked when it was removed from Web app, and based on traction this topic got in 3 4 years (practically none), I'd guess I ain't the only one). 

Sorry. I did not bother to read the entire thread. Attribute it to age or just laziness as either one might apply. :(

I never use the series view. In fact I only have three rows on my home screen "Next up legacy," "Libraries" and "Continue watching" and I only have TV shows in "Next up" and "Continue watching."

I know my usage is not "normal" but I have only very rarely been accused of "normalcy."

JustSittingHere

Thank you for the explanation.  Given the quality of Emby, my concern really amounts to nothing.  I'm not a media server power-user, but to me Emby far outpaces Plex, Jellyfin and Mezzmo.  Emby is my new media server.

Like getting a new car, only better.

Jim

• Thanks 1