Raspberry Pi storage permissions

iang77

Hey.

I think I need to give Emby write permissions to my Music folder - the music folder is on my Synology, mounted on the pi. If I try to edit metadata using Emby it tries but nothing changes.

As a test I copied a few of my music files to the Public folder on my Synology and Emby successfully edited the metadata on these.

I'm certain the permissions on my Synology are correct so this seems the logical path to pursue.

Please can someone tell me how to check this? I'm running Raspbian, but I'm totally new to Linux so please treat me like a newbie!

Cheers, Ian.

Hi, first it's probably best that we find out what path it's failing on. can you please attach the emby server log? thanks !

Thanks for responding, but i think the problem is a bit deeper - i've tried to copy the log file from my pi to the Public folder on my Synology and all of a sudden i don't have permission to write to that folder either, so there's something up with my pi permissions i think. I'll sort this first and come back if Emby still still can't write to the folder. Cheers.