Missing Movies in Library

Tekdawg
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

rkirchhof

5c355eb46380e_Magnum.png

G:\TV Shows only contains TV Shows. Its content type is TV Shows.  The Les Miserables folder may not be a good one for us to work with since I've been manually creating folders and renaming files in an effort to get Emby to see it.  In any case I've deleted all of the Les Mis content and forced Sonarr to reacquire the released episodes. (Did you see the DIR and Tree attachments from the earlier posts?)  Here's a screen shot of Magnum PI.  It's one of the ones not showing up in the Library. 

Happy2Play

@@rkirchhof

Nothing is standing out as I dropped your posted tvshow.nfo file in a folder named Magnum P.I. with a dummy episode and it was recognized.  I have never experience something just not showing up at all.  Do any of the missing Shows show up in the Metadata Manager or in the TV Shows-Folder tab?

Would you mind adding me to the PM you sent.

rkirchhof

I can't get Emby to issue an API key for anything? I go to Expert>Advanced>Security hit Plus Sign give a name and NOTHING happens.

Happy2Play

I can't get Emby to issue an API key for anything? I go to Expert>Advanced>Security hit Plus Sign give a name and NOTHING happens.

I had no issue hitting the + and a pop-up appeared on the screen to enter a name.

Happy2Play

Missing media appears to be there in the few I checked.  One issue you may run into is sonar's nfo files (I assume they are sonar nfo files) as you are depending on them and not having Emby rewrite them.  Option is disabled per library.

Edited by Happy2Play

rkirchhof

Good Morning all, So Happy2Play and I worked on this till past 11 last night.  By the time we were done we concluded that it could not be a server problem persay, BC he (Using an account I creayed for Luke) could see everything. All 63 shows!  I went to bed puzzeled and confused BC every client (Emby for Xbox one, Samsung TV, Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, Edge, Apple IPhone) I have access to is only displaying the same 53 shows, and yes it was the same 10 shows missing in every case. So this morning I had an idea and I logged on using the Luke account and Voilà everything is present!  So I don't know how or why but some of my accounts are screwed up permissions wise. Remember, I have set no filters or parental restraints.  Anyhow using the Luke account I deleted and recreated my account.  (The account used on all my clients.) and although I haven't checked everywhere, the browser I'm using here at work and on my server at home are now displaying all 53 shows and 562 movies.  Thank you Luke and Happy2Play for all the time you spent with me on this. I didn't recreate all of the accounts. I have at least one that's not seeing everything.  I'd like to figure out why and see if it can be fixed without deleting and recreating.  

Happy2Play

This is a weird one as it was a item issue not a library issue.

Okay, I confirmed that removing and reapplying the permissions does seem to correct the issue.

What do you mean by this?

Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

I think he means that permissions on the various series folders prevented the server from being able to see them.

rkirchhof

I went to the user library access settings and uncheck all libraries saved and rechecked all libraries and saved.

Happy2Play

I went to the user library access settings and uncheck all libraries saved and rechecked all libraries and saved.

That is extremely odd but glad it working again.

rkirchhof

Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

I think he means that permissions on the various series folders prevented the server from being able to see them.

No, it wasn't Windows Security it had something to do with my Emby accounts.  The new account I created for you saw everything, yet most of my older accounts didn't. 

• 2 years later...
dawtyne10

TLDR... I had missing movies on my emby server, but was still able to find them when searching through emby.   I deleted my user account and recreated it and they immediately showed back up in the main movie display.  Thanks for the great info above.   This was on emby 4.6.4.0

I just had a similar issue with missing movies on my emby server.  The missing movies were specifically movies I accidentally had duplicates of.  I deleted the duplicate and then both movies disappeared from my movies list.  I was still able to search the movies and find them but would not display on main screens.  they also still showed up in the "collections" list but not in the basic movies list.  I deleted all meta data in the folder structure and rescanned the movie library multiple times.  meta data would re-populate but would still not display the movies on the main screen.  I also could still find the movies in the metadata manager and all file links were accurate.  I was pulling my hair out and almost did a clean install.  I read the posts above, deleted all user accounts.  created a new account and voila they all reappeared.

Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, dawtyne10 said:

TLDR... I had missing movies on my emby server, but was still able to find them when searching through emby.   I deleted my user account and recreated it and they immediately showed back up in the main movie display.  Thanks for the great info above.   This was on emby 4.6.4.0

To late now but were the shown as watched on that user and now on the new user they are unwatched?

16 minutes ago, dawtyne10 said:

I just had a similar issue with missing movies on my emby server.  The missing movies were specifically movies I accidentally had duplicates of.  I deleted the duplicate and then both movies disappeared from my movies list.  I was still able to search the movies and find them but would not display on main screens.  they also still showed up in the "collections" list but not in the basic movies list.  I deleted all meta data in the folder structure and rescanned the movie library multiple times.  meta data would re-populate but would still not display the movies on the main screen.  I also could still find the movies in the metadata manager and all file links were accurate.  I was pulling my hair out and almost did a clean install.  I read the posts above, deleted all user accounts.  created a new account and voila they all reappeared.

To me same as above.  Sounds link you had crossed userdata.  Have you ever used the Server Configuration Backup plugin and restored users/userdata?