Way to disable the folder icons in Folder-view

Radiant9

Hi, you think the folder icons are too big?

It's there to help you differentiate between folders and videos.

Radiant9

Yes, I think they are disturbing.

I ask, because maybe there's a setting with turn off folder icons or sth. like that.

Thank you for your fast reply

Greeting

• 1 year later...
embyfromflorida
On 03/01/2019 at 10:46, Luke said:

Hi, you think the folder icons are too big?

It's there to help you differentiate between folders and videos.

The folder view seems to be the view that displays my library in the proper sorting order.

The folder icon is distracting and I already know i am in folder view the moment i clicked "Folders"

I say, remove the Icon or make the "Album Artist" tab display the library just like the folder view does.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, embyfromflorida said:

The folder icon is distracting and I already know i am in folder view the moment i clicked "Folders"

How is one to know it is a folder with more items or a item?

embyfromflorida
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

How is one to know it is a folder with more items or a item?

well not sure what you mean but typically,

I structure my files as follows, very basic structure.

For instance; in my FILE system, My main ABBA folder contains all ABBA albums. My Country Music Collection Folder in my FILE system Contains Various country artists.

in EMBY, when I click ABBA, I should see all abba albums and so on. when i click my Country music collection Thumbnail i should be presented with all my country music albums of various artists.

Instead, I get ABBA scattered throughout the library and the same for the country albums.

so, how do i tell emby to organize these properly? "Add to Collection" maybe?

i know i am missing something here.

PS: I would like to see "Album Artist" tab to display my thumbs the way the "Folder" tab displays them minus the tiny folder icon.

Edited by embyfromflorida

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, embyfromflorida said:

well not sure what you mean

You can have items at different levels so without indicators what is a track/album/folder?

test.thumb.jpg.a52218375912e4cf4b4f482d6041f5a3.jpg

11 minutes ago, embyfromflorida said:

in EMBY, when I click ABBA, I should see all abba albums and so on. when i click my Country music collection Thumbnail i should be presented with all my country music albums of various artists.

Would need to know structure, where are you clicking county music collection thumbnail? 

embyfromflorida

Heres part of my chaos.

Let me approach this from a different angle. Duplicate Thumbs for the same artist under the "Album Artist" tab,

first thumb displays what should be all the albums for that artist. The second duplicate thumb is displaying an album that should appear withing the first thumb.

How do i move remaining CCR album from the duplicate thumb to the first thumb, and then delete the duplicate thumb.
If i can figure this out then i can handle the other issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your input. I'm scratching my head with this one. I bet its something very simple. LOL

ccrdupe.png

Happy2Play

Duplicates usually come back to embedded tags or Musicbrainz.  Have you compared the External ids for Artst and that album?

embyfromflorida

yes. all consistent.

i am going to try and move the files out of the library, remove all tags using mp3tag including MusicBrainz, then move them back in and have Emby Refresh Library and lets see what happens. Thanks for your input.

Edited by embyfromflorida