A Bug and a Request

notla49285

notla49285

There has been a recent update to the Roku app, can't pinpoint when but there is a UI bug when loading a video, there's a sizing mismatch on the loading progress bar (sorry I'm not at home at the moment so can't get a picture).

Also, when visiting a library such as Movies or TV Shows, the options at the top used to start with "All Movies", "All TV Shows", etc but now it's just "Movies" and "TV Shows". Unless I'm outvoted, can this be changed back? It's slightly more confusing for users as they have already pressed a Movies button and then see these options at the top along with latest added, next up, etc underneath and think they're looking at the full list. I realise this is a user issue but there was no problem with how it was before so it seems a bit "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Personally I'd rather have it go straight to the full list when the library is selected, but that's a request for another time.

Edited by notla49285

Happy2Play

There has been a recent update to the Roku app, can't pinpoint when but there is a UI bug when loading a video, there's a sizing mismatch on the loading progress bar (sorry I'm not at home at the moment so can't get a picture).

Also, when visiting a library such as Movies or TV Shows, the options at the top used to start with "All Movies", "All TV Shows", etc but now it's just "Movies" and "TV Shows". Unless I'm outvoted, can this be changed back? It's slightly more confusing for users as they have already pressed a Movies button and then see these options at the top along with latest added, next up, etc underneath and think they're looking at the full list. I realise this is a user issue but there was no problem with how it was before so it seems a bit "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Personally I'd rather have it go straight to the full list when the library is selected, but that's a request for another time.

You mean this?  If so already resolved in beta channel/app.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65075-retrieving-bar-too-big

Edited by Happy2Play

AmericanMike

I would not agree that this is resolved.  I will say it does work better for my Roku3 devices but my Roku Express is still hosed.  The update did noting to improve the situation when I run on Roku Express.  This issue is far more than the retrieving bar size.

You mean this?  If so already resolved in beta channel/app.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65075-retrieving-bar-too-big

Edited by AmericanMike

There are some quirks with the retrieving bar that are out of the app's control and appear to be Roku defects right now.

notla49285

There are some quirks with the retrieving bar that are out of the app's control and appear to be Roku defects right now.

Can't speak for Roku Express but on Roku 2 and 3 the beta app is fine now (though it is a purple loading bar which apparently is Roku's own, not an problem for me personally), just awaiting release version.