Making Auto-Organize more clever

Starlionblue

Starlionblue

Let me start by saying that Auto-Organize is fantastic. However it is rather picky when it comes to source file naming. Two examples:

• the.big.bang.theory.721
  • two.and.a.half.men.1120

In both these cases, Auto-Organize recognizes neither series name nor number. Now, I understand the number because Auto-Organize doesn't know where season begins and series ends (is it s11e20, s1e120 or s112e0?) but I found it weird that it didn't recognize the shows either and auto-fill that in the manual dialog.

Feature requests:

• Typically the problem with Auto-Organize is when the number, as in the examples above, does not follow convention. However there could be some "best guess" involved. For example if the number is three digits, like 721, in almost all cases this means s07e21. Similarly, in the case of four digits, like 1120, it almost always means s11e20.
    Auto-Organize could also look at the media library database and see what seasons are present. The two queries, "Does the show have more than nine seasons?" and, "What season is the latest one in the library?" would both aid a best guess.
  • Auto-Organize might have multiple best guesses, in which case radio button selection could be implemented.
  • If Auto-Organize has made a best guess, this could be listed on the Auto-Organize page under "Destination" (using a new color) and a single button click could automatically execute the file move and rename. The ordinary "Organize File" button would be retained.
  • Batch processing in "manual" Auto-Organize. Instead of editing each file with "Organize File" and pressing ok, there should be an option to tell Auto-Organize what it should be doing for any relevant files, then pressing one button to have all the changes executed at once.

On a side note, does anyone know if there is a command line switch for WinRAR to make it delete an archive after the files have been extracted?

Edited by Starlionblue
  • Like 3