Downloading subs in Android TV app

webnar

Hi,

Are there any plans soon to get the feature "edit subtitle" to the Android TV app? The option works perfectly on the PC in the browser and on the regular Android app.

For me this is the last feature needed to ditch kodi.

Thanks anyway for the great effort you all put in Emby.

Reg,

Web

• 3 weeks later...
jasonsimth

Hi,

Are there any plans soon to get the feature "edit subtitle" to the Android TV app? The option works perfectly on the PC in the browser and on the regular Android app.

For me this is the last feature needed to ditch kodi.

Thanks anyway for the great effort you all put in Emby.

Reg,

Web

it was working smooth on my android phone when it was running on android version 6.0.1 however as I have updated to android version 7.1.1 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?
Edited by jasonsimth

it was working smooth on my android phone when it was running on android version 6.0.1 however as I have updated to android version 7.1.1 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

Hi Jasonsimth,

Yes in the android phone client it is working like a charm. I was referring to the Android TV app. But back to your issue did you tried to empty the apps cache in your phone(most of the time that resolves a lot of issues after OS build update).

@@Luke still no update on the implementation date for Android TV :D?

Regards.

tchirou

+1 for this feature !

And also being able to delay them on the fly if they are not synced

Edited by tchirou

• 5 months later...

Not yet but a lot of other apps have it. This app will get it's turn. Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
webnar

Hi Luke, almost all other applications have the feature. It's really a missed opportunity for Emby. For me that's the last hiccup to dump kodi completely. Also it's one of the reasons I still didn't got premiere(second one would be sub sync).

I hope you guys can get this feature implemented soon, I don't think it's much additional effort as the android app already got the option.

Regards

Yes we're working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

This is working. When in movies or series, just press 'ok' button for several seconds. This will give you a popup screen with different options.

THIS DOES NOT WORK FROM PRE PLAY SCREEN where you can hit play, trailer or subtitles.

Tested today

Hi,

THIS DOES NOT WORK FROM PRE PLAY SCREEN where you can hit play, trailer or subtitles.

Right we don't currently do that in any Emby app.

tchirou

Hi

Is the new production release you announced still rolling out ?

Google play of my 2015 shield tv still doesn’t have it

Thanks a lot