Cannot fast forward when casting to chromecast

elmacko

Luke, sample linked here:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ocpY0qbs-nwf0PjQwPJuf0FGJTof9Omc

Confirmed this is happening in the web app and android app; after Chromecast connects, the seek buttons disappear.

Thanks a million for diving into this.

This is just about the buttons? Have you tried using the seek bar?

Projectionist

Seek bar works, buttons are necessary if you want to seek accurately.  Seek bar is difficult to use, especially in small form factor on phone.

elmacko

Just be clear, my issue is still same as original description, not being able to fast forward or resume at all when chromecasting from ios app. I also sent you sample videos, were you still not able to reproduce my problem Luke?

Just be clear, my issue is still same as original description, not being able to fast forward or resume at all when chromecasting from ios app. I also sent you sample videos, were you still not able to reproduce my problem Luke?

At the time I was able to reproduce, and then I resolved it for your specific sample files, at least in my own testing.

Seek bar works, buttons are necessary if you want to seek accurately.  Seek bar is difficult to use, especially in small form factor on phone.

Ok so this is unrelated to this discussion then. Try flipping to landscape orientation. When the horizontal resolution is higher, more buttons will be available.

Projectionist

Ok so this is unrelated to this discussion then. Try flipping to landscape orientation. When the horizontal resolution is higher, more buttons will be available.

Thank you for the landscape suggestion, I can work with that, though it would be nice to have the seek buttons in portrait.  If I ever get really bugged about this in the future I'll create a separate thread or feature request.

FYI, I did notice the seek buttons disappear in the browser on a desktop after the chromecast is connected.  This is not my primary format to use so it's a non-issue.

Thanks again for your work Luke.

Soooo how did you solve it?

I believe I changed the transcoding format. If you have another sample i can try i'll be happy to test that as well. thanks.

elmacko

I believe I changed the transcoding format. If you have another sample i can try i'll be happy to test that as well. thanks.

to what and where?

elmacko

I meant, what transcoding settings did you change, and where. In the server settings? are there some settings in the ios app? thanks.

I already fixed it for the sample file you provided a few months ago. If you have another sample file i can try, I'm happy to look at that. Thanks.

elmacko

Sorry that I’m so confused, but you’re saying you were able to reproduce my issues I described for the sample files I gave you, and you’ve fixed them and made a new release with the fix already? I’m still having issues with most of my files, so what you’re saying is basically that the issue is somewhat individual to each file?