Photo

Incompatible with old versions of server.

AndroidTV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BarryAmerika OFFLINE  

BarryAmerika

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 109 posts
  • Local time: 05:50 AM
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:50 PM

On the shield when I launch Emby I can no longer connect to servers after latest update. Due to the server being behind a number of versions it sticks on this server and does not fall back to allow selecting other servers. I have a number of servers due to a lot of testing I have been doing and after failing on what I assume was the last server used I am stuck on a blank screen with no way to connect to another server.

I understand how to fix this but just thought you should be aware of this issue.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134624 posts
  • Local time: 03:50 PM

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:51 PM

What version are you trying to use?

#3 BarryAmerika OFFLINE  

BarryAmerika

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:45 AM

I can't check right now but it's AndroidTV, beta channel and was powered on yesterday and updated then after being off since maybe 20th December. I am assuming it is the latest update. Will get back to you with version when I can. I am fairly sure it is 1.6.70g

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134624 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:51 AM

That is the app version. I'm wondering what version of Emby Server you're running. Thanks.

#5 BarryAmerika OFFLINE  

BarryAmerika

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:15 AM

Oh, sorry, but that's kind of the thing, I don't really know which server it got stuck on connecting to, whichever I last used I assume. It basically resulted in a blank screen I can't back out of. Launch emby, fail to connect, blank screen with emby background and no text overlay. Back doesn't work, force quit and relaunch gives the same thing, wiping data fixes obviously. On other devices connecting to those servers just results in incompatible message which is fine. It will only be that launch after update I suspect will trigger it.

I have servers that are auto updating and ones that as far back as a couple of years from messing around on a NAS that I should have deleted. I think the most likely one I was using last was probably version 3.3.1.12 as I was messing around with STRM a lot before Christmas.

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134624 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:18 AM

Ok, thanks for the info.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AndroidTV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users