"More Like This" should NOT show Trailers

Napsterbater

Napsterbater

I have the trialers plugin and such installed and enabled mainly for use with cinema mode, but what I have noticed is that in the "More Like This"  I am seeing items from the trailers plugin showing up sometimes right next to the entry for the full movie i already have in my library, this of course also confuses my users when they go to play what they think is the full movie, and it ends up only being a trailer.

I do not think that trailers should be included in this area by default (or really not at all), I attached and image showing this happening to two movies right next to each other. 

post-380424-0-93222200-1546277666_thumb.png

Napsterbater

Hi there, have you explored server display settings?

I see that now, at least there is an option, thanks for pointing that out, but this is not a convenient default IMO. Many of my users only use the roku app, thus don't have access to these settings (same issue with other app/web only settings).

edit: Actually, there is not an option that (at least by description) cover hiding it from the "More Like This" section, unless you also remove the home screen sections. Note home screen sections are fine as its clear those are trailers, Its just the "More Like This" when selected on a movie where it is not clear and would appear that it is listing Movies in the library. 

post-380424-0-90789100-1546279138_thumb.png

Edited by Napsterbater

Hi, yes we're gradually adding more of this to the Roku app to bring it in line with the web app. This particular one is still a global server setting for right now. Thanks.

MikePlanet

I think this is two different topics - one is about the settings, if or if not include trailers.

But the issue is, that when trailers are enabled, it should only show them, if the corresponding movie is not available. I also often get lots of "duplicate entries" - meaning, that both the movie and the trailer are shown side by side.I would suggest to only show a trailer, if the corresponding movie is not available (otherwise the trailer is availabvle within the movie element anywqay).

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
Napsterbater

Is there any update to this?

The only way to overcome this is to disable trailers.

As you can see, one of these is the trailer via the trailer plugin one of these is the real movie on the server.

5cb1574c41a63_Capture.png

• 1 month later...
Senna

The only way to overcome this is to disable trailers.

No it isn't... you can also use the CoverArt plugin to see if it is a trailer or a Movie from your library:

5ce44acc143cb_Doubles.png

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Is there a reason you don't disable "Enable external content in suggestions" (Dashboard-Library-Advances tab).

daedalus

would be nice to be able to identify trailers by some badge or similar without the need of the coverart plugin

Edited by daedalus
  • Like 1

Senna

Is there a reason you don't disable "Enable external content in suggestions" (Dashboard-Library-Advances tab).

I got a perfect reason not to disable that setting and that is the Emby Apple TV app :rolleyes:

For suggestions, we'd like to view a trailer first on movie night with the family, of a suggestion done by Emby on the Apple TV app.

For more info why, see item number 17 here ;)

Happy2Play

To me 'More like this" would be another movies to watch not trailers.  So trailers should never be suggested for something else to watch.

daedalus

For me it's more to discover similar movies, even if I don't have them in my library yet

but that is it why we need options to satisfy all needs