Media Center Master Integration?

Macro_

Macro_

I've been using Media Center Master paired with Media Browser for a few years now.

Media Browser upgraded to 3, which is fine, and thankfully Classic kept me setup pretty much the same as I was before.

However, something happened recently, like a couple months ago, and now none of my metadata is showing up on anything new I'm adding. It's showing a picture, but when I click the movie none of my info is there. I noticed Mediabrowser was trying to grab my metadata automatically, before Media Center Master, so I unchecked the settings and let MCM collect the info as I've been doing for years. However now I look at a movie and the info is blank.

I've tried wiping the cache (which I'm sure I screwed up) and manually updating the cache in Media Browser for a movie with no luck but I just want things to go back to the way they were, where MCM gets the info and MediaBrowser shows me it.

This is what MCM has set for the metadata i'm creating: Looks like the top option is what I need.

5359b43deb4b0_Capture.png

In each folder it's creating a Movie.xml that has every possible bit of information you could need.

Anyone offer me any advice here?

snazy2000

There was up recent update to mcm with better MB3 support

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

There was up recent update to mcm with better MB3 support

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah, but I think as long as he has those wdtv xml files in there they will screw up our metadata.

Macro_

Yeah, but I think as long as he has those wdtv xml files in there they will screw up our metadata.

You were right, I turned off the WDTV metadata gathering, moved a couple more movies in and it has all the info I need.

So the question is how do we fix it? Is this something MediaBrowser needs to patch or MCM? I just so happen to use a couple of the WDTVs in my household so I need the ability for those to get metadata as well. I'll be happy to contact MCM's developer if it's something they need to change to fix it.

One other question, now my movies aren't using the movie poster as the primary photo in MB. I manually changed them but it is this going to be a normal thing because of me turning off the auto fetching of artwork? I just don't want it fetching before MCM, I don't care if it does it after the fact.

Thank you for the help, I've at least got a workaround for now.

Edited by Macro_

Should I ask MCM developers to fix it? Or is this a MB issue?

It isn't really MCM that is a problem here.  It is the fact that WDTV requires that file name but is saving in a format we don't understand.  The problem is we already support that file name but in a different format - and that naming takes precedence over movie.xml.

So, basically MB and WDTV are the items that are not compatible right now.