TV network artwork

Pog22

My TV networks are not showing artwork in the Android app. If I manually go in and search for thumbnails I can find the ones Emby provides but it looks like an Emby metadata search is looking for primary images of which there is none. How do I fix it to look for thumbs?

Happy2Play

What do you mean?  Are you referring to the default search option defaulting to Primary as it does on every image search?

5c294a68bac02_search.jpg

Even though only Thumbs are supported so you have manually change image type.

5c294ae236cc4_search1.jpg

Note Manually adding/uploading image displays image type selector after upload.

Edited by Happy2Play

Yes, when I do a metadata refresh I don't get these thumbnails that I know are available when I manually search. How can I get Emby to add them all without going one by one through them and doing individual searches

Happy2Play

You will need to discuss a specific example.

If Emby is not pulling down known and available Network images you will need to provide a Server log, and this would potentially be a server issue.

Happy2Play

Been so long since I have done anything with these resource, but see they are not automatically retrieved.

@@Luke

Refresh all metadata retrieves available images.

Hmm that only worked for one network.  

They do appear/available when moving type selector to Thumb.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Must of been a timing issue or library scan, but Network images are appeared after the multi-select Refresh all, for the networks that have images.  All my tests were via portable server web clients.

Here's a screenshot of my mobile app. The thumbnail images you see BBC 1, 3, 2 etc have been added one by one manually.

I'll do a metadata refresh and get you some logs later

post-155223-0-22883300-1546254360_thumb.jpg

Yes I understand that Luke. In the multi select I selected 30 it returned the first one Cbeebies. The very next one in the list I selected was CBS, I just manually downloaded a thumbnail for it.

I've tested this and it seems to be working for me. What i did was first delete images from two studios, then used the multi-select tool to refresh them.

The key is list underneath the refresh does not automatically refresh right away. This could cause you to think it didn't do anything. But when i refreshed that browser page, the studios had images.

Yeah that worked Luke. Thanks for your time.

What is the situation with the missing studios? Is there a resource for them or somewhere I can contribute them if I finish my collection? Are there guidelines?