There is nothing more annoying than pausing a Live TV show for a few minutes (live, but a few minutes behind - so not recorded), coming back and hitting play, getting to watch a couple minutes, then just getting a black screen on Chromecast. This has happened on multiple occasions on multiple channels. Any idea why this keeps happening? This time I happen to be FWD a minute or two to get past commercials, but im pretty sure this happens even beyond that. This instance was with the HDHomeRun premium channels.
- Find a show your excited about, using the Android app, cast to Chromecast
- Watch for a few minutes, then have a kid that needs your attention, pause the show for a while
- Sit back down, click play, watch for a minute.
- Commercials come on - not to worry, I can FWD them!
- Hit the Skip 30 second button a few times.
- One more time, and this time when it "loads" you just get a black screen
Can't rewind, fwd more, drag the slider past or before, nothing. You just miss the ending to a great show.
Any ideas why this keeps happening. I am pretty sure this has happened without FWD before, but in this instance I did. Attached are my logs.